Tuesday, January 15, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Christians? Care to Explain This to Me?

I was just over visiting PZ Myers' Pharyngula, and I found a disturbing little story about how "presidential" candidate Mike Huckabee is actively seeking not to save America, but to flat out destroy it and whatever freedoms we may have held dear.
"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view." -Candidate Mike Huckabee

Astounding. This god-soaked lunatic is actually advocating tearing up the U.S. Constitution so as to require all Americans live beneath his pseudo-Christian theocracy embracing the delusions of a single chosen mythology.

How in the bloody hell did America get to this disgraceful point? How is altering the Constitution so as to pimp the Christian God showing any respect to those of this nation who don't believe that mythology? And why, in the 21st Century, are we even having this conversation?

Look, if Huckabee wants to create a Taliban-esque, pseudo-Christian fascist state revolving around his own pathetic religious extremism, perhaps he should pack his bags and head to a country with considerably fewer innate and valued social freedoms. We like America. We love our Constitution. When Christians (or any other religion) call for throwing away our nation's founding document so as to solely embrace their worthless god, we should not turn a blind eye to what can only be seen as sedition and outright treason.

Now, I've said it before, and I will say it again, you so-called Christians who whimper and blubber about how you are being persecuted for your poor beliefs should understand that, so long as you continue along this path of rewriting our nation's history, of seeking to overthrow our nation's government, and of stifling the religious freedoms of this country's citizens, you will, most certainly, see persecution unlike anything your religion has ever seen.

I wish these statements of Huckabee's would sink into the thick skulls of America's Christians. I wish they could take a moment to see what it is he is actually seeking. He's not looking to be president of this nation. He's looking to be no different from an Ayatollah, an Imam, or some such ridiculous religious figure head. And, when they see this, or hear the comments of what Huckabee is actually advocating, Christians should hang their heads in shame at how they've chosen to dismantle the very freedoms that made America great.

There was, at one time, room in this nation for all people of all religions. And, now, Christians are actively seeking to ruin this nation on the shoulders of this maniacal, insane zealot who, even before being elected, openly states that he will violate his sworn Oath of Office:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
I think, in light of these comments, America (and Christians) should call for Mr. Huckabee to remove himself from seeking the office of the President of the United States. After all, what Huckabee is seeking is not the presidency, but he's attempting an all-out coup against the freedoms America's citizens enjoy.

Disgusting. I think most rational Americans would feel the urge to puke at the statements of Mike Huckabee. However, it seems from the way so many are throwing themselves before this lunatic, Christians are blind, dumb, and utterly worthless when it comes to any sort of progress in America.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 1/15/2008 04:03:00 PM

8 comments:

  1. True Republicans Barry Goldwater and Teddy Roosevelt warned us about injecting religion into American politics. After the decimation of our party by W and Lott and Delay and the rest of the Southern Republicans, if Huckabee is the nominee I fear they’ll be no more GOP north of the Mason-Dixon. The last Republican in NY, please shut out the lights.

    Tony Iovino
    http://www.redmindbluestate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, he has sunk all hope of being a canidate as far as I am concerned.I was not leaning in his direction but now I know why.
    I believe I am a religious person. I do not try to force my religion on others. I respect the constitution and and believe the seperation of church and state is a basic element that must be upheld.
    Now tell me is it true that Obama will not salute the American flag and turn his back when the anthem is sung.
    Where are we heading as a country?
    At 77 I have never seen times like these.
    Think I am glad that I will not have to put up with this for another ten years.
    Bill

    PS I find this portion of your journal to be offensive to me and a lot of others.
    "Christians should hang their heads in shame at how they've chosen to dismantle the very freedoms that made America great."

    ReplyDelete
  3. As luck would have it, thus far he's not leading in this primary. I don't think we've fallen so low we would buy his theology....Yet....notice I said yet.....Anymore it seems we are approaching a communist cult state of affairs. What with a president that decides the fate of our country by proclaiming " I said so, is why" good ole boy Bush gave them the go ahead to start diplomatically tearing down a sub-working government. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are truly misconvinced on the foundings of the USA (religious FREEDOM, for one thing), and can even appear quite bigoted.  I, too, am alarmed at his statements.  

    There have been Christians in office who understood the difference between politics and religion, who can respect each others choice in faith (or non-faith).  

    Unfortunately, there seem to be many who forget some of the tenents of the Christian faith itself.  Yes, we deserve to have our faith respected (I know I REALLY dislike your use of the word mythology to describe it, even while I respect your right to believe that is an accurate description).   No, we do not have the right, nor do I personally believe that we should have the right, to disrespect another person for his or her faith/ non-faith.  To even consider proposing a change to The Constitution, to alter the fabric of our country as put in place after taking over the Native American's, instead of embracing our diversity, it just doesn't even make any sense.

    I am saddened to know that so many people actually voted FOR him in that first primary.  Shaking my head.  While I see nothing wrong with a great leader having a strong faith, to become pious and controlling supposedly in the name of that faith (especially one that's SUPPOSED to be loving), yikes yikes yikes.

    If these are the only Christians you come across, I can see why you're so disillusioned.  I suppose we can take heart that the Republican candidates thus far are all either 1 for 3, or 0 for 3.  Even my DD laughed about how no one has yet to truly stand out, yeah, she may be 13.5  years old, but she's really following this race.  Good -- she'll be voting in 4 years and we need to have a few more INTELLIGENT voters voting, not just blindingly casting a vote uninformed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huckabee wants to have adulterers, homosexuals and rape victims stoned to death.  He also wants to make alcohol and music videos illegal, and make women 2nd class citizens and to take all girls out of school.

    Oops, my bad, that's another religion.

    Hey, anybody but the PIAPS!

    if you’re MAD
    punish your country
    VOTE for Hillary


    http://haltterrorism.com/

    http://absurdthoughtsaboutgod.blogspot.com/
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I'm not the only Christian to make a comment on all of this.  I agree with you about Huckabee.  There's a hidden (if you will) agenda in his campaign and its not good.  There have been many over-zealous  "Christians" in this world, Hitler being or claiming to be one of them.  Of course I wouldn't vote for Obama either.  Something there that I just don't trust.  I am grateful to have the time to study the candidates, their backgrounds and how they plan to effect the changes they have promised to make.  I believe in religious freedom and separation of church and state, Russ, but please don't call me blind, dumb and utterly worthless.  Instead, try looking at each person as he or she is, not how you perceive them by religion, race, etc.  Prejudice is an ugly thing.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry
    Oh, by the way . . . congratulations on becoming one of the guest editor's Picks this week.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Christian.  I'm too blessed to whimper and blubber.  I don't like Huckabee.  I don't want the constitution changed.  And I'm sorry you are so angry at Christians.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, forgot to say congratulations on being editor's pick.

    ReplyDelete