Thursday, January 3, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Almost There....


So, how badly can I totally wonk a picture of myself?

Apparently, if I'm drinking coffee, and using a camera phone, the answer to that would be damn badly, now, wouldn't it?

I mean, that's got to be one of the worst pictures I've ever taken.

Still, there's something I like about this picture, though I don't know what it is exactly. It was early, early morning the other day, the sun wasn't even close to coming up, I was in the dungeon that is my basement, and my hair seems to be doing its own maddening thing.

But, there's motion!

Look! I'm moving, people!

And, I imagine that this is the kind of blurry insanity you'd get if you tried to take a picture of a ninja... No. Check that. A coffee-drinking ninja!

Aside from that, two things at the moment...

First, by the time some of you read this, it will be Friday. That means you are all ordered to go out and have a wonderful weekend. And, if you don't, well... You can just go right ahead and yank yourselves off my Christmas card list. After all, in my world, Baby Jesus don't roll with no lightweights. Plus, you know, it's 2008, so take a freakin' walk and burn that number into your minds so you don't keep writing 2007 on your checks until March.

Second, I finally watched the movie Waitress, and it pretty much gutted the hell out of me. It's funny, it's sad, it's frustrating and absolutely satisfying (and it is only the second movie to date that's ever made me weepy). I am so glad Adrienne Shelly made this amazing film, and I am so pissed off someone took her away from the world.

Anyway, after watching the movie, I came to the quick realization that this town desperately needs a damned Pie Diner. There literally is absolutely no place whatsoever to go for any sort of pie, good or bad, around here. I mean, even bad pie, as if there could ever be such a thing, would be nice in a greasy little diner.

Well, I should wrap this up since it's getting dangerously close to Friday, and well... Soon I will turn into a zombie.

However, if you're awake, do yourselves a favor and check out the Quadrantid meteor shower tonight (or this morning). It'll be peaking at 2 AM Eastern time. So, perhaps I'll putter around the house wishing I had pie before bundling up and heading outside to check them out for a bit. Apparently, you're supposed to make a wish when you see a shooting star, so, think of this as an opportunity to wish in bulk.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 1/03/2008 11:20:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. I see an entrepenuerial (sp?) opportunity for ya there Dan...a pie bar!  Huh. trying to think of a name for it...The Upper Crust? "The Pie Hole" sounds a little more your style.
    Glad you're feeling a bit better. Oh, I think I love sleep as much as you do. Actually, it's more like hibernation. Hey, it keeps my blood pressure low so my brain doesn't explode.

    ReplyDelete