Friday, January 11, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Happy Friday!


Yeehaa!

It's Friday, and, quite possibly, as you leave your offices, cube-farms or what have you and blaze a trail to your nearest happy hour, some of you may very well resemble this mob.

In my world, this picture here is what every Friday should look like when the whistle blows and the clocks are punched (hard). Cars should be overturned and flaming, papers and crap should be strewn about the street, and bodies. Oh my god! The bodies of the weak should be scattered around waiting for Saturday morning's pain-filled sobriety.

In other words, mayhem would be nice. But, "casual Friday" office-zombie mayhem would be better.

Anyway, since it's Friday, and since I'm kind of curious (in more ways than one, I suppose), I'm going to do my usual thang and ask you all what your plans, if any, are for the weekend?

Is anyone robbing a bank?

As for me, it's going to be football, beers, fried food, more beer, more football, and probably a few hours of sleep tossed in just to keep myself from going more insane. After all, the weather this weekend is going to be typical Wisconsin yuck. It's going to be cold, and it's going to snow. In fact, there's a pretty good chance that, after not seeing the freakin sun all week, I'm going to wake up Monday morning with some sort of moss growing on the back of my neck.

And, not to complain too much, but that shit is really hard to shave off. It's green, it's smelly, and it clogs the blades. It's probably better to just dunk my head in a bucket of lye and take a belt sander to the stuff.

So, anyway, in case I decide to take the weekend off from this blogging thing (ya never know), I hope you all manage to have a good one this weekend. And, remember: Yo udon't have to be good, but you really should be careful.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 1/11/2008 12:10:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. I will be counting snowflakes, sweeping snowflakes, shovelling snowflakes, sliding on the snowflakes, fallling on the snowflakes, and undoubtedly be catching up on a nap in the E.R. Viva La January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no doubt going to be dancing in the fresh layer of snow we are expecting with Pickles (who won't be satisfied until every inch of my considerable huge yard has been trampled to mark her passage through the snow). Other than that eh...housework , all that clutter cleaning that I didn't have time for during the holidays.

    How about adding one more item to your weekend reverie....VISIT MY JOURNAL.
    (just a not so subtle hint) (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi !!!!!!

    I am sad to report that this Saturday I have to attend a funeral for one of my coworkers whose husband passed away recently. I do hope you get to enjoy your weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working, football, and beer. Hey, two things in common for the weekend! I'm watching the Packers kicking ass right now. I'm cheering for them--will you cheer for the Colts tomorrow? <grin>

    Beth

    ReplyDelete