Tuesday, June 3, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Tempus... Tempus... Fugit!

Yes. I'm running around today, and, unfortunately, most of my running has been complicated by a mountain of aches and pains and what have you. The weather here took a turn from the Monday's 80+ degrees into something cold, gray, rainy and miserable. So, I'm thinking that most of the trouble is the result of that.

Anyway, for today's picture, here's yet another shot of my birdbath:

Fugit II

This is yet another of those accidental shots. I was shooting into the sunset to get some cool ambient light, but I forgot to adjust my camera settings. So, I wound up with a ridiculously fast shutter speed and, to compensate, the camera raised the ISO to a very high and very grainy 1600.

So, it's really noisy from shooting at 1600, but I think the noise really adds a lot to this shot, and it helps to accent the sunbeams and lens flare.

Clearly, if I had shot it as people are supposedly supposed to according to the "experts," this picture would be kind of mundane. So, it just goes to show you that, sometimes, doing it your own way is the best.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/03/2008 01:09:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. I really do like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accident or not Dan, that's an excellent shot. Just goes to show that the rules are not set in stone and it pays to bend or break 'em sometimes.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually quite cool.

    And, I like it more than the "cup of coffee" shot.  

    Did you look up tempus fugit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewl! I really like it
    Char

    ReplyDelete