Monday, June 2, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Coffee?

I must do as Dawn says, or suffer the consequences, and seeing as how she lives in New Jersey, I'm pretty sure she's got a mob connection, and those consequences could probably find me in a nice pair of cement shoes at the bottom of a river.

So, for Dawn...

Water

Unfortunately, this picture is not a picture of coffee. However, after looking at it, I suppose it could be.

What it actually is, is a picture of my little, gurgly, garden fountain that was so horribly blown-out and over-exposed, there was pretty much no saving it. So, I cranked everything to the darkest it could possibly go without completely blacking it out, and I kind of liked what I wound up with.

Still, it's not coffee. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not sitting here wishing my garden fountain was pumping piping hot coffee through its plumbing instead of dirty water. I mean, how awesome would that be? I could have one for hot coffee, and I'd set up another one for cold beer. I'd probably be the coolest kid on the block.

Then again, it is outside, and well... I don't trust my neighbors. I'm sure they'd clean me out since they're nothing but a bunch of dumb, beer-swilling rednecks with sticky, Kool-Aid mustachioed children and dogs that yelp into the wee hours.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/02/2008 01:11:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. I like this one Dan. It's amazing what a little photo-shopping can do to a mundane pic.


    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... some of your pictures show such talent ... do you ever think you would try to take photos in hopes of making money to do it ..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.  I'm glad you like the picture.  

    I don't know if I'd ever start thinking seriously about making money with my pictures, Mark.  I suppose there's a little voice inside telling me that it would be nice, but I don't really know.  

    Right now, I don't have any intention of charging people for them, and I'm just posting them for folks to enjoy however they wish.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete