Friday, June 13, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Friday... A Picture...

This one's for Barry.

Framed Nimbus.

A while back, Barry brought to my attention the whole notion of a "cloudscape," and at first I thought he may have been kind of batty. I mean, it's a cloud man. They show up from time to time, and attaching the suffix "scape" to them just strikes me as the kind of thing crazy people talk about in between looney-bin garden time and arts & crafts.

It's like that pastel-coated nightmare, Sandra Lee, and her constant stressing of what she calls "tablescapes." Seriously. It's a freakin' dinner table. If you're going to sit there eyeballing a bunch of inedible madness piled upon a surface where food should be, you're going to starve, and the incident report will read "Killed by tablescape."

Then, I looked a little closer at these cloud things.

They are kind of fluffy.

They've got a lot of character.

They can look menacing and awesome and, I hate to say, somewhat pretty.

So, I guess I can embrace Barry's cloudscape idea, and it's probably for the best since it's not stopped raining here in Wisconsin since I turned 40.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/13/2008 09:12:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, purdy! Not like those icky nekkid statues.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty cool aren't they. I noticed them some years back on a holiday flight. As we passed through the cloud layer they look like huge fluffy mountains stretching across the sky. so impressive.
    I like this pic Dan, nice and moody.

    B.

    ReplyDelete