Monday, June 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Picture... Picture...

I had a pretty nifty weekend. I headed out of town and up to my buddy's house in Two Rivers (which, after the rain we had, could probably almost be called One River) to drink beer and watch him put his boat in the water where my supervision was vital.

I do apologize for the short notice and for not posting the daily picture of something of unique importance. I was planning on setting it up to post in my absence, but then I had some troubles, time ran out, and I was left rushing and running. Then, this morning I was at the doc's office getting inspected (so far, everything's about as good as it should be), and now, at 1:30-ish in the afternoon, after three days of bopping around, I am finally sitting down to get back into doing what I usually do (swallowing Vicodin and babbling somewhat coherently).

Anyway, enough of that prattle, here's Monday's picture:

Bee is for backside

I caught a bee!

Actually, it's the business end of the insect, but that's a little more interesting, I think. Plus, it's kind of slick how it's just sort of hanging there.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! And, I hope it makes up for the two previous photo-phree days.

-DP

P.S. Don't worry. I am planning on doing a DogCat entry soon. I know some of you saw the picture and giggled a bit (thanks for the emails, by the way). I've just not been able to get around to writing it. Plus, Confucius has been busy, but I did manage to catch up with him one night while he was sitting on the stove sucking down some malt liquor with his good, green, buddy Buddha. So, I'll be writing about that just as soon as I can. Right now, however, my hands are sore, and I am just going to plop down and watch golf (Insofar as I love watching Tiger play this frustrating game, I'm kind of pulling for Rocco Mediate since I used to kick his ass religiously on the golf game I had on my Commodore Amiga about a billion years ago. So, he's due!).

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/16/2008 01:30:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Dan. Good work on the photo.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WAS a good game, yeah to Ricco Mediate!

    Sorry you have to down pain killers, BUT, at least you have some.   Great shot of suspension.......  

    ReplyDelete