Friday, June 6, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] D-Day!

Well folks, today's my birthday. And yes. The never-ending strides of time have driven me into 40 this time around, and I'm honestly not too sure how to feel about that.

Anyway, I'm going to be off the remainder of the day trying to figure out how to act like a 40 year old. If you've got any pointers, please feel free to leave them in the comments.

Aside from that, for your enjoyment, here's a picture that is entirely un-birthdayish.

Pearly Web.

See? There are perks to living along the lake. The fog really makes the world a weird place.

Now, I am off to hunt for cake! Have a great day, everyone!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/06/2008 08:58:00 AM

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dan!  Helpful hint from the female perspective:  Act like you're 30 & lie about your age!
    Char
    http://journals.aol.com/sendflowers2me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, they do say life begins at forty. Do not believe them.
    Happy Birthday,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever pointers you get - ignore 'em. Dare to be different.
    Happy Birthday Dan.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !!!!

    I would like to wish you "A Happy Happy Happy Birthday". I do hope that you will have the best day ever. I do like the picture but I don't like walking into any spider webs that is the most horrible feeling when you walk into a spider web but your picture was nice. Thanks for sharing the news about your birthday.

    Have a wonderful birthday !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!! a day late.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday hon! 40 that's it? I'm rounding the corner to 43 in another month....I had to go and remind myself of that didn't I...(Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, Dan!

    I'll be turning 46 in August, and although I've had almost 6 years to practice being in my 40's, I can't say that I have any words of wisdom for you. I'm not quite sure how someone in their 40's is supposed to act, so I just make it up as I go along. I think that maintaining a 5th-grade boy's sense of humor helps. Dick and fart jokes still make me laugh. Is that so wrong?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dan,  Happy Belated Birthday.  You babies in your 40's need to make it up as you go along, and stop your whining!  Just take each day as it comes and you'll make it to the ripe old age of 52-like me!  Easy cheesy!   Hope things are drying out across Lake Michigan, as we sure could use some dry here in Michigan.
                                                               Smiles,  Leigh

     

    ReplyDelete