Thursday, June 19, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Off to the Land of Wobbles...

Now, yesterday was a bad day as, hour by hour, I grew closer to, and inevitably tumbled over, that line in my days which separate the good ones from the pain-filled pains in the ass.

On the plus end of things, tomorrow is another injection day, and I get to dose up on my Humira which kind of works. I've settled my mind on the simple fact that "kinda works" is better than not working at all, and I tend to go about my day with that notion that even though things could be better, it would also take very little to make them a whole hell of a lot worse.

So, I'm not planning on doing much, if anything, today. It helps that there's a Doctor Who marathon on again, and I can distract myself from the aches and pains by loading up on Vicodin and letting my eyes wobble over Billie Piper's curves all afternoon. And that, my friends, is not too bad.

Anyway, I owe you all a picture or a few. I've been kind of unmotivated lately, and I can't put that all on the aches and pains. I mean, it's summer, and I do like to get out and enjoy these reasonably nice days here in the land o' cheese. Believe it or not, in the few days where the snow is gone and the bug have yet to arrive, Wisconsin can actually be a pretty nice place.

So, here's today's picture, and I hope you enjoy it:

Sputnik

I kind of like this one, and it turned out fairly well. In fact, I've got it set as my desktop wallpaper, and it's kind of neat when it's all big and stuff.

If you'd like to do the same, just click here to get to the big, friendly original-size, then right-click on the image and choose "Set as desktop background."

It's kind of cool in that dandelions are normally these nice, poofy, allergy-attack inducing things, but when they're wet, they look a lot like a bunch of Q-Tips sticking out of a pincushion, eh?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/19/2008 10:53:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the land of computer Techno Hell...Hope tomorrow brings you some well deserved relief my dear friend. Loved this picture of the Dandelion. Beautifully, serene amongst your pain. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... another good shot ... uh, I hope you start to feel better ... I won't try to say that I understand, but I live with what I am going to live with, and I take the good in each and everyday and live thru it, rather than the alternative ...

    ReplyDelete