Sunday, June 8, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Letter to Those Behind Me...

Dear Drivers,

Hi. How are you? Things good with the kids?

Excellent!

Now, if you haven't noticed, we here in Southeastern Wisconsin have been getting a little rain over the past couple of days. Actually, it's a lot of rain, and that's why I'm writing.

You see, Driver, I was out last night on my way to a birthday party (for me. Yay!), and you, as well as several of your fellow drivers, were following me. Now, I know you probably got excited when you saw me drive through a particularly deep puddle. However, what you seemingly failed to understand is that I have a Jeep. I have about eight to ten inches of clearance. Also (and this is the cute thing), my Jeep's engine has a snorkel about four feet above the ground beneath my hood. So, when I see three feet of water, I tend to drive through it with little to no trouble. I'm just a little crazy, ya know?

You, my overly sane friends in your little cars, should not. Trust me on this. When I'm taking waves over my bow like those whacky kids on that Deadliest Catch show, and the water is pouring in through the bottoms of my doors and my ankles are getting soaked, the absolute last thing you should do is believe for one second that you can follow me.

You can't.

I will say, however, it was fun doubling back to push your little cars out of the pond that showed up where the road was supposed to be. Unfortunately, because of this, I was late to MY party. So, you owe me cake!

Thank you,
Dan

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/08/2008 11:02:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha.

    Sounds like a PSA to me!

    Oh, and happy belated birthday to you, and your twin.  -- Robin

    p.s. -- shouldn't they owe you a beer, too?

    ReplyDelete