Monday, June 9, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Splash... splash...

Here's photographic proof that all you really need in the summer months to keep kids occupied is a big enough puddle.

Puddles.

I've currently put up a photo set on Flickr of some shots of the flooded creek running through my town after the weekend storms.

They were bad.

They were very, very bad storms, and Wisconsin took a beating, but as these storms rambled over us here, I was also thinking about my friends on the other side of Lake Michigan. I know full well that what goes through here only manages to regain strength out over the lake, and they can pound the crap out of the folks over there. So, I do hope that everyone affected by these monster storms is fine and dandy and dry.

Aside from that, today is just an endless task of mopping this nature out of my basement. Normally, since the new roof and bigger gutters were installed, it's stayed dry through some nasty weather. However, these storms were far too much for them to handle, and when the rain is falling as hard as it was here, the ground was almost instantly saturated, and when that happens, I mop.


-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 6/09/2008 11:48:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. Hope your damage isn't too bad. We managed to miss the worst of it where we're at (northern Indiana), but the folks in central and southern Indiana are pretty bad off. I lived in Indianapolis for 7 years, and never saw flooding like I've been seeing on the news. It's crazy.

    Glad your're safe.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete