Sunday, July 1, 2007

Some Sunday Music...


    What's that?  It's Sunday (still morning as far I'm concerned), and you're wondering what might be some a good tunes to listen to, right?

     Well, here's a bit of Willy Porter for you to consume.  Like me, he's a balding, guitar playing Cheesehead.  However, unlike me, he's got buckets of unimaginable talent to throw around on the stage while we other, more lowly, musicians have to actually work at it.  Bastid! 


    I've actually thrown bits and pieces his songs into my own clumsy plunking around.  And, a short way into doing such mad things, my pudgy arthritic digits have a way of reminding me that I should have been a drummer. 

    Still, I love this guy's music (there's a heap of YouTube videos to check out if you wish), and I'm looking forward to catching up with him at the Fest on the Fifth of July.  He's a hell of a nice guy, and I'm always quick to plug his music whenever anyone asks me where I find inspiration, what I like, and who are the folks who really do genuinely influence me. 

    Hope you all like it. 

-DP

3 comments:

  1. Doc (the other half) said he was pretty good. He recommended Phil Kreaggy as well. He IS a Christian musician, but it doesn't matter what they believe in does it really, when the talent comes out they are just another awesome guitar player. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!  Very nice... Yeah the PA must be a bitch to play guitar with Dan.  BTW, did you get your infusions moved closer together???

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the website...good music on there. Thanks. --Cin

    ReplyDelete