Friday, July 13, 2007

Forgive the Following Political Gripe.


    See?  Now, this is what really either infuriates the hell out of me, or it flat-out scares me shitless.

   
"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq, were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th, and that's why what happens in Iraq matters to the security here at home."  George Bush said recently (again). 

    Now, I'm angry because this could be yet another scare-tactic by a fear-mongering, power-mad, Presidential half-wit who's quickly running out of ways in which to justify his poor decisions and his ineptitude. 

    On the other hand, the truly terrifying bits come in when I contemplate the notion "what if, in his addlepated mind, our president actually believes this irrational, convoluted nonsense?"

    Yes.  I hate to say it, but it's a little more comforting  for the average citizen to believe that our president is simply an evil bastard using rhetoric solely fueled by fear and subsequently torturing the American people in order to hang on to what little power he has left.  There's a certain safety in that.  After all, it's much easier to accept that he's just evil and corrupt than it is to think that the supposed leader of the "free world" is blisteringly barking mad.  But, I'm beginning to seriously consider that he IS in fact insane.

    Now, just to be clear, it's been proven time and time and time again that no link between Iraq and Al Qaeda ever existed before September 11th, 2001.  That is something tremendously important when you remember our reasons for going to war, and it's a fact that should be chiseled in stone for George Bush to wear around his neck for the remainder of his life.  The fact that he creates this convenient, alternate reality whenever he needs to justify his reckless and foolish military campaign is not only troubling.  It's terrifying.  He's based a war solely upon his delusions, yet the cost of that war is all too real.  And, as Americans we are everyday being asked to suspend our disbelief and ignore reality for no other reason than to encourage this man and follow him along on whatever personal crusade into which he's dragged the entire world.

    Nonetheless, these are just my thoughts at a time where I am probably better off in bed.  But, these thoughts certainly do keep me up sometimes.  And, as much as I'd like to say that it's not worth losing any sleep over, in reality, it is.  America's been hijacked by a madman and a collection of cowards who eagerly lap up the bluster and fear he spouts.  And, I may not be the most qualified, but I don't really think it's a good idea to look for safety in the hands of a delusional, trigger-happy lunatic. 

    Then again, he could just be evil.  In fact, I'd sleep much better if he was.

-DP

5 comments:

  1. IS THE KING WEARING NO CLOTHES?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said.  I forced myself to watch him this morning, rolling my eyes in between sentences...  or more so, the drool of crap that came tumbling out of his mouth every few seconds...  

    2008 can't come soon enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A country should not be judged on the might of it's military. It should be judged on the way it opens it's arms to talk and help other Nations.
    Well, that the US and the UK F***** then!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been on the fence for years about this? What scares me more? Having a leader who's lying, knows he's lying, and keeps on lying? Or one who is so deluded that he actually sincerely believes the lies he tells?  Frankly, I think I prefer the former.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm almost leaning towards the "convinced himself that what he says is correct" theory.  Really.  I think it'd help him sleep better at night, that what he said previously just has to still be correct, right?  No matter how incorrect it was all along.   Delusionally evil?

    ReplyDelete