Monday, July 9, 2007

Oh Mandy...


    Thanks to The Smoking Gun, I am pretty sure I now want to marry Mandy Moore.  She seems so, umm, what's that word?

    Oh yeah.  Normal.

    As evidenced by the hospitality rider on her Lounge Tour contract where she asks for only a few simple things:

    8 bottles of Fiji water
    Fruit platter
    Nonfat yogurt (if in the morning)
    Good coffee
    Veggie plate
    1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet or Shiraz)
    12 Pack of Corona

    That's it. 

    Normally, these stars ask for the damnedest of things, and they justify these bizarre extravagances and hassles as a way of determining whether or not their contracts had actually been read.  However, in this day and age, I think most use the rider as a way to be complete pains in the asses of those crazy enough to hire their bands. 

    Anyway, click the links and check out some of the silly requests of some of your favorite stars (and Carrot Top). 

    I'm off to figure out whether or not Mandy Moore's contract rider is representative of her expectations in men.  If so, I've got a chance.  I mean, so long as she doesn't ask for much, we'll get along just fine. 

-DP

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . thought this entry was going to be about me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds ideal for you... but she is either married or engaged already.

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be up half the night reading these things...thanks a lot, Dan. Hmmmm...sounds like a blog entry: What would you order up for your backstage fare if YOU were the "rock star"? --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, as I started reading her demands, I was like this bitch aint for him, then I got down to the Shiraz and Corona................
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete