Saturday, July 7, 2007

Live! From Earth! It's...


    Is anyone else watching the Live Earth things on the internets?

    It's kind of cool.  However, I feel kind of sorry for the folks in London though.  They've got the Tour de France in town, there's this Live Earth thing, Wimbledon's wrapping up, and tomorrow is the British Grand Prix.  So, I'm thinking most of England is pretty bottled up right now. 

    So, to all my readers over in the UK, you have my permission to go sit in a nice happy pub and have a wonderful time.  Just make sure to have a proper pint of bitter for me.

    Anyway, right now I'm trying to figure out if I want to watch Jack Johnson in Sydney or Metallica at Wembley Stadium (Genesis sucked, by the way). 

-DP

6 comments:

  1. I think Phil is too old to the live thing... some rockers voices just don't age well.

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is my command, but I'll have to settle for a beer in my garden as I've got dinner on the go.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps it's not genesis who sucks, but you.

    just food for thought.

    miss chatting.

    busy ruling the world.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope.  They sucked.  I'm sure of it.  

    You can click the Live Earth link above and be taken to the concert to watch the archived performance and judge for yourself.  But, trust me, you'll only feel shame and guilt.  

    The Police were awesome until Kanye West got up there and proved to the billion (or so) people watching that he is, in fact, a retarded child with no musical talent whatsoever.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad Genesis sucked.  I've seen them previously, along with Peter Gabriel solo who was awesome, but that was, oh, how many decades ago?  (Don't make me count, it's almost past my bed time here, rolf.)  Almost went to the one in D.C., I know, not the same internationally-known bands and all, but just to be part of the experience.  Too hot for my friend, so we did something else that, yes, involved alcohol.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had our community BBQ, by midnite, we could have been on Mars, so much food and booze was consumend.
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete