Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hooray for Hollywood...


    California is a pretty weird place.  For example, tell me any other place on the planet where you can see a headline such as this:

Chewbacca Assaults Marilyn at Kodak Theater

(CBS) HOLLYWOOD, Calif. A Chewbacca impersonator sexually assaulted a Marilyn Monroe impersonator in front of the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood in June. The wookie then evaded arrest, police said.
(Link to full story)

    Seriously.  Where else could you write the line, "The wookie then evaded arrest," in a legitimate news story, and not be dragged to the nearest looney-bin?   

-DP

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about print, but FOX News could probably get away with that in their copy. http://2writehands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.... too funny!  I can't wait to show the boys tomorrow!!!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you drive down Hollywood Blvd in the summer you can see anyone from Charlie Chaplain to Marilyn to Jack Sparrow. You should come visit sometime....but bring beer.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to keep my hand on my wooki this weekend

    ReplyDelete