Monday, May 26, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Lord, Won't You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz?

Leave it to a Christian to irrevocably nut-up a holiday created to honor and remember those who fought and gave their lives so as to keep alive the promise of our founders that our nation will remain free.
But did you know that 86% of Americans say they believe in God? Since we all know that 86 out of every 100 of us are Christians, who believe in God, we at Keiffe & Sons Ford wonder why we don't tell the other 14% to sit down and shut up. I guess maybe I just offended 14% of the people who are listening to this message. Well, if that is the case then I say that's tough, this is America folks, it's called free speech. None of us at Keiffe & Sons Ford are afraid to speak out. Keiffe & Sons Ford on Sierra Highway in Mojave and Rosamond, if we don't see you today, by the grace of God, we'll be here tomorrow.
Now, I am glad this little, irrational Christian bigot isn't afraid to speak out. It's good to exercise those rights now and then, after all. Unfortunately, in this man's prattling gibberish, he points out something very telling. And, that is that a whole heap of drooling Christian lunatics have this twisted, backwards notion that our nation employs some sort of "majority rule" with regards to the rights of its citizenry.

In other words, in this poor, odious bigot's mind, he believes that since there are more Christians than non-Christians in America (and don't even get me started on that forked-up logic. Not all people who believe in God are Christians), he is perfectly well within his rights to trample upon those of the minority. For example, since I am an atheist, I am also some sort of second-class citizen who should just "sit down and shut up."

Nice.

Have a happy Memorial Day in your "Christian" America.

-DP

P.S. I, for one, am damn thankful for, and eternally indebted to, those who gave their lives so that I could do anything BUT sit down and shut up, Mr. Keiffe.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 5/26/2008 09:00:00 AM

6 comments:

  1. I shall second your P.S..........well done.
    Nothing like a little nut case to give me a smile in the morning~
    Rebecca

    P.S., I meant the Christian whacko <grin>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third your PS as well....Somehow I think the number is very off..actually way off. Seems to me the majority of the people "I" know are not zealots. Given that fact I must sumise on his statement that I'm stuck in a corner all by myself with the other 14%....Afraid not I'm in NY the evil state of this nation (Bwahahahaha)... (Jumps up and down see me, I'm NOT sitting down nor will I ever. (Hugs) Indigo

    PS: I've been out in the sun planting my garden...this unChristian like behavior is due to appreciating the beauty of my little corner of the world (winks)....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just realized we are all PS'ing today....(too much sun? you think?) (Hugs) Indy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the 86% are allowed free speech but the rest of you have got to sit down and shut up? Yeah, that's fair!

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of American Christians have a very hard time with the notion of fairness and tolerance, Barry.  

    It makes me wonder what the appeal is with all this religious gobbledygook.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may not agree with your sentiments but I would fight to the death for your right to speak and have them.  That's what America should be about...freedom just to be......be well, Sandi

    ReplyDelete