Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Night...

I freakin' love this song.



Right now, I've got it and the whole Astronauts & Heretics CD blowing the ever living hell out of my speakers.

I don't know why, but this song has wedged itself into the soundtrack of my life, and some of the best times (as well as a few of the worst) have found me with this melody just running itself into infinity on whatever cd player was handy. And, when one wasn't anywhere nearby, that freakin' piano was always in my head. The way it seems to just dance above the song has always hooked me. It tickles something deep inside and fills me with a weird, hard-to-approach sort of inspiration.

I think it's one of those sorts of things where you don't know whether to get up and dance or to just sit and enjoy. If there was a way to do both, life would be much, much easier, wouldn't it?

Anyway, in case you're curious, Thomas Dolby's got a blog. It's kind of fun to read.

Enjoy the video.

-DP

2 comments:

  1. Great song & I love the video, too.  Really connects you to the Cajun land, huh?
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love new stuff. Thanks

    ReplyDelete