Tuesday, May 27, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Hello Tuesday!

For your enjoyment, here's a picture of the clouds that plowed through here yesterday, bringing a boatload of cold, cold air with them.

Here Comes Cold.

They were actually pretty awesome looking what with the setting sun and all. But, to put things into perspective, where I was standing, it was about 85-degrees, and on the ground behind those clouds, it was about 45-degrees with a wicked wind to boot.

Aside from that, I'm still feeling pretty peachy in spite of the odd weather. Some things are a little sore, but all-in-all, it's not too bad.

In fact, as it stands, the only glitch I'm dealing with today is the fact that the garbageman neglected to pick up my trash. Instead, rather than pick up the cans, he walked into his truck, grabbed a little orange sticker, checked the box indicating that the cans were beyond three-feet from the alleyway, and finally, with all the strength he could muster, walked four and a half feet to slap the little orange sticker on the can.

Bastard!

Of course, now I am thinking about getting out the yardstick and painting a nice, pink line on the concrete to indicate the appropriate "Pansy Zone" for my trash collector. And, as a bonus, perhaps I'll start sticking gym membership flyers on the cans as well. I mean, that last 18 inches isn't even uphill or anything.

Anyway, I hope your Tuesday is going swimmingly.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 5/27/2008 11:47:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. That is one scary cloud formation. I wonder is tht is part of the system they say will hit the Philly area about 8 PM this evening. We are at about 83 degrees right now with very little wind. Think I will evacuate to the basement. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you have a designated distance for the bin men to walk? How mad. No doubt we'll end up with the same crazy rules over here sooner or later.
    Great cloudscape BTW.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey DP,

    I am glad that you shared this entry. Your picture of the clouds looked beautiful and you might NOT know this but I was bitten Saturday by a fire ant causing my right foot to swell up and tighten but I am on the way back to feeling better. Thanks again for sharing this entry. Do enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cloud picture. Glad you are feeling better.
    Char
    http://journals.aol.com/sendflowers2me

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.

    Heck, the wind could have helped push him.  :)

    At least he's not walking from the moon (like your not quite moon-shot photo on the next entry).

    Okay, in MY head, this made sense.

    ReplyDelete