Wednesday, May 28, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] At Least Donuts Have Quiet Holes.

Just a quick note.

I'm not going to ever visit a Dunkin' Donuts again, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I could stand to lose a few pounds.

You see, in a moment of supreme stupidity, the folks at Dunkin' Donuts caved to the irrelevant demands of that squeaky, little, radiowave-rodent Michelle Malkin and her irrelevant yelping about how an online ad featuring Rachael Ray somehow, in Malkin's empty little head, was supporting or encouraging or grabbing an AK-47 and actively participating in terrorism because of a paisley scarf (yes. A scarf. That's it).

Seriously. If Dunkin' Donuts, or any company for that matter, is so ridiculously weak as to collapse in the face of this bigoted, irrational shrew, the very last thing I'd ever wish to do is encourage them and these lunatics by giving them my money. If Dunkin' Donuts wishes to support hatred and bigotry, that's their choice, and my choice is to point and laugh at them for their backwards manner of thinking and doing business.

I'm not terribly worried about it though, and I'm sure the cowardly donut titans aren't either. For my fix, I've got a great bakery here in town, so the odds of me losing any weight are still pretty slim.


-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 5/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. But, but.

    It's

    just

    a

    scarf.

    A cute one, fashionable enough.  I'd have worn it without any thought.  I don't mind learning that it's a type of scarf worn often in certain areas, etc.

    But.

    It's still

    just

    a

    scarf.  Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far be it for me to speak ill of "journalists" who become "columnists". Now that's out of the way, who the hell does Michelle Malkin think she is? Sally Field/Norma Ray? Angeline Jolie/Marianne Perl? Somebody and Joan of Arc? So glad I have gagged on doughnuts since toddlerhood! I tell you, my hands are clean. Have to go...I have a picket line to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a Dunkin'Donuts near me, but they do sell their coffee here, so I sent them a e-mail to tell them because of the RachaelRay  cancelation I will not buy their coffee(I'm sure the're scared!!)
    Terry

    ReplyDelete