Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday's Picture...


I'm honestly not sure what to think of today's picture, and I could use your help.

Meh...

I figure I'll let you all contemplate it and its artistic worth. I personally like the combination of light and dark, and I really get a kick out of how the little circle is split in two.

The thing is, I can't think of a nice, artsy-fartsy title for this image. So, I think from now on, every Friday, I will post a picture whose name I just can't figure out. Then, over the course of the weekend, I will let you, my readers, come up with a title which you can leave in the comment section of either my Blogger blog or my AOL Journal.

On Monday or Tuesday (I haven't decided yet), I'll pick one and go to the Flickr page for the photo and put your title on there and give you credit along with a link to your blog or journal or whatever (if you've got one).

Now, don't ask what criteria I'm using to decide the "best" title. It incorporates an algorithm based on elements pulled from ancient Chinese mathematics, tidal charts for the South Pacific, and my mood at the time. In other words, whatever!

So, have fun, pick a title, enter as often as you'd like, tell your friends, and let's see what we can come up with, shall we?

-DP

3 comments:

  1. I shall call it "Vertizontal." As in the bands of dark/light appear vertical upon the horizontal boards. (I guess I could also go with "horical," but I'll save that one for another picture.)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete