Thursday, May 3, 2007

This is "Unexcecpable."

   
    Courtesy of the New York Daily News comes a sweet, little story about a middle-school in Staten Island, plagued with chronic lunchroom food-fights, and their grammatically challenged Dean. 

    Apparently, Dean Michael Levy had seen enough of the chaos in his school's lunchroom and felt compelled to write a letter to the parents of his students.  Unfortunately, Mr. Levy failed to proofread what he'd written and sent the letter out chock full of delightful misspellings and completely shattered grammar. 

     On a personal note, if I ever received a letter from an educator written as poorly as Mr. Levy's, I think I'd force him to endure 7th Grade English class all over again.  

    Enjoy the irony folks. 

-DP

9 comments:

  1. Not so sure I'd wish my child to participate in senior "activates," either.  Shaking my head.........  Don't have him repeat 7th grade English, Dan.  That'd be way too difficult for him.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... if he stays employed... that will be scary.

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like one of the kids wrote it for a joke!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more profound irony of this is, if he had typed the letter on his computer and printed it out......Why the hell didn't he use Spell-check. I'm not surprised though. My own daughters spelling is nothing to brag about and she was at the top of her class, finishing her first year of college. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not his spelling that's at fault it's his keyboard abilities. If he used a spellchecker it might have helped a little. Nevertheless, with basic mistakes like that and, given his proffession, you've gotta worry about the education the kids are getting. B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have actually sent back letters from school prinicpals or school newsletters, etc, with proof marks on them.  It never did any good, though. (made me feel better!)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not really choosing from the best when staffing Roosevelt-area NY schools... you're taking whoever will do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would think that whoever the secretary was for this principal was most likely the one who misspelled all those words.   I honestly don't think most Principals type up their own letters.  I could be wrong.  It's happened once or twice before (wink).  At any rate, that letter was very unexcecpable! lol

    Nice to see you back, Dan..  I've been reading and catching up!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete