Saturday, May 5, 2007

Ooo... Shiny head!

   My head's shinier.

    I suppose I should get it out of the way before I share a little of the evening.

    Yes.  My  enormous melon head is indeed a hell of a lot shinier than  John Scalzi's (thus, now the door is opened for a little Monponsett love).   I don't get it.  I have a little more hair than he does, but my god man!  You could see my beacon of a nugget from space! 

    However, in my defense, my neighbor mowed his lawn, so the Benadryl for my allergies was nice.  Then the author's handler (who apparently knew me from somewhere), had trouble with the camera, the fans were piling up behind me like a frat-house kegger, and by the time this was snapped, the only thing on my mind was: "Take the damn picture!  He's probably just going to put horns on it, or tape bacon to me."

    Nonetheless, it was a really fun time catching up with the John Scalzi Tour.  He's a pretty engaging guy, and his style of reading to a crowd is both welcoming and quite comfortable.  Even an incessantly ringing phone wasn't enough to really pull him from the task at hand.  And, his reading from his upcoming novel The High Castle was enough to pique my interest to the point that I'm certain he can safely count on at least one person buying a copy.  From the little bit I heard, it sounds like yet another fun book to follow up the already fun read that is The Android's Dream

    Anyway, there are still some dates left on the tour.  So, if you get the chance, drop in and give the guy a listen.  It's actually quite a bit of fun.

Tags:

7 comments:

  1. You should have borrowed a hat from the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair or no hair, you're still my hot crush, baby.
    ;-) Cin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiny, try blinding I can't see the picture through the glare!! LOL It's not that bad hon, glad to hear you enjoyed the tour and you chance to meet John. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great photo! Glad you had fun!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like two very handsome me to me! Love the queen hat comment though! (I'm still laughing!) Ok, so why isn't John coming to IL with Chicago being such a big city...geez I gotta write him! I just thought you know you guys look like you could do "some kind" of commercial together! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are closer to the light, because you are TALLER you ding dong... that is why you got more shine!  LOL

    How cool seeing a recent pic of you and John!  Cool!  He isn't coming near me!!!  Boo hoo...

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look on what reflect from your forehead as a beacon of light for others to follow!
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete