Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Personal Note...


    This post is directed toward a delightful human being who wrote a nice, scathing email in response to my previous post.  Normally, I'd respond to such a pleasant missive personally; however, it would seem that I am unable to email this particular person. 

    Anyway, to you, dear friend (and you know who you are), I would just like to point out that though I find the country of France to be quite appealing, and in spite of the fact that my past travels there have been, overall, very pleasant, the idea of my moving there at this current time would be a logistical nightmare.  Not only is all my shit here in this country, it's not wired for 220.

    Thanks a bunch.

Your pal,
Dan

    That said, why is it that France seems to be the spot of choice for all these whacked out, misguided, pseudo-patriots to send those who criticize our president?  It's funny, really.  I mean, if someone wants to send me someplace to suffer until I keep my anti-gubmint rhetoric to a minimum, I figure a gulag in Siberia would probably do the trick.  After all, sending me to a country where they truly enjoy good food, good wine and a relaxed way of life is hardly a way to teach a guy like me any sort of lesson.   That's like saying "I hate you.  Now, here's a lifetime supply of chocolate cake and free beer."

    Anyway, since I'm ranting, what the hell is it with the hordes of religious folks hammering on my door the last couple of days?  There's been a surge in the various groups seeking to "save" me.  I worry that these groups will work both sides of my street on the same day and my little corner of Milwaukee will turn into a Midwest, holy-war with a pot-luck supper on Wednesday nights.

    Seriously...  Ages ago, over a game of Risk, God and I came to an understanding.  It's pretty simple really.  I don't believe in him and subsequently do not feel compelled to blame him for all the pissant, piddly nonsense that doesn't go my way.  And, in return, God gets Greenland. 

    Anyway, I think it's time for me to crash...  For those of you out there who can't sleep or are perhaps over-caffeinated, feel free to write and ramble either in the comments here or over at the somewhat quiet Gripe Line.

    Seriously, folks...  How are you? 

-DP

11 comments:

  1. Good!  Or as good as I can be!  LOL  I am heading to bed.... yeah, I would like to be sent to France!  LOL

    And, hey... the gripe line is quiet because YOU ditched it for a while... lol

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't feel any better, or I'd be sick.  Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3.   I got a kick out a quote in the newspaper this morning. Toronto squeaked out a narrow victory over New Jersey in the NBA playoffs last night, but had to watch a potential game-winning, buzzer-beating three-pointer bounce off the rim to do it. One of the Raptors' players later commented, " we got a little help from the Lord with the missed shot at the end," and I couldn't help but shake my head. How can he possibly be so unbelievably arrogant to think that "The Lord" somehow favoured his professional sports team over his opponent? Do these people not think the guy who let fly with the last minute shot wasn't praying it would go in just as hard as the guy on the other side was praying it wouldn't? Do they actually believe that some all-powerful sky daddy would deign to interfere one way or another in that situation? These people are so deluded it's not funny.
      Don't crap on Dan for this comment, all you whackos. Direct any and all religious indignation at Aurora Walking Vacation. It's getting boring arguing with the Astrology nutcases. I could use some new blood.
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, yes, the joys of internet harrassment.  Some people make sure ass-umptions.  Hmmm, France in May, likely quite nice there about this time of year.  Even if I plan to stay living HERE, also.   (I think some minions get hung up on their "freedom fries" and free speech only for themselves.)  -- Robin

    http://journals.aol.com/ceilisundancer/RandomThreads/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, but Greenland is the stepping stone to Europe so watch your back, you can't trust those religious types. ;O)
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally dislike France & french people, this view is based on personal experience of visiting the country & having worked with numerous french people over the years...BUT...this is only my opinion & I respect that a lot of people will disagree with my viewpoint. But isn't that why we have our journals, to express OUR views & feelings? To those that take it seriously & feel compelled to send hate mail to others I say get a life & if you don't like someone's comments...stop bloody reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell him like it is Dawn, I myself have noted on the gripe line Dan the man is missing in action on the gripe line. As for the internet harassment.....they come out of the woodwork once in a while. But there is that little delete button as well as blocking the ignorant masses. I have found I have no desire to rise to the bait and find myself wasting time on these people. Do you really think they are seriously going to listen to what you have to say? They are so closed minded they see nothing outside of their point of view. I got a point of view and I express it in my journal as you should be able to do. (Hugs) Indigo

    So any chance we are going to see you silly ass grin on the gripe line any time soon?? Indy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dan, I've never been to France, so I couldn't tell you a thing. I've also been getting a lot of religious people. Just the other day the doorbell rang. I answered and this guy was outside and the first thing he says is "Hello Ma'am, do you think the world is coming to an end?"  I was like "HUH?"  It was early on a Sunday morning.  Before I have my coffee I'm just WISHING it would all end, yanno? LOL!  
    Hope you have a good night.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went... I griped... kind of... and no one joined me :(

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ps... can you tell us about the book?

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I am fortunate to live in spitting distance of France, I have had the chance to go, I have even worked in Paris........... Looks nice on the tele, but there the similarity ends.
    You are better off where you are!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Americans never gets mad at Germany, and they most likely killed someone in your family.

    ReplyDelete