Thursday, May 10, 2007

Randomness...


    First, Tony Blair is apparently stepping down on June 27th.  From what I've been able to gather, his original plan was to step down as the people of England stand up.  However, I'm thinking he's become quite desperate to unhitch his wagon from the lame horse that is the Bush Administration, and he's since cast aside the necessary benchmarks and timeline for his withdrawal from British politics. 

    The thing is, I kind of like Tony Blair, and I feel somewhat sorry for the guy.  After all, he really didn't have many options once our pseudo-cowboy King George started spouting his nonsense that you're either with us or against us.  And, since I don't live in England, I suppose I really don't know much about him.  Hopefully, now, he'll turn into a raging drunkard.


    In other news, I stumbled upon this headline that you might want to jot down since the weekend's fast approaching:

Oral sex linked to throat cancer   
A virus contracted through oral sex is the cause of some throat cancers, say US scientists.

HPV infection was found to be a much stronger risk factor than tobacco or alcohol use, the Johns Hopkins University study of 300 people found.

The New England Journal of Medicine study said the risk was almost nine times higher for people who reported oral sex with more than six partners.

But experts said a larger study was needed to confirm the findings.

[...]

"As this was a small study, further research is needed to confirm these observations," [Dr. Julie Sharp said.]

    Perhaps the most promising thing in all this is the statement that a larger study and more research needs to be done, and it's not like I've got any plans this weekend.  Sign me up!


    Now, this is just really damn weird.
Colombia hunts underwear robbers  

The gang has become known across the city as the "knicker robbers". They do not usually hurt their victims, instead demanding only underwear and valuables.

Police in Pereira have described the gang as "sexual maniacs".
    I really don't know what to say about this.  Yes.  I'm speechless.  But, I'm waiting to see the inevitable headline stating that some dumb bastard was stabbed to death after giving his girlfriend a mountain of dirty underwear. 

-DP

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, how to turn "another good reason for health insurance companies to cover the costs for the gardisil (sp) vaccinations to aid prevention of HPV," into something witty and fun to read?   Hey, did you not get any offers for a wedding date, or is that a two-for option combined with the further research on oral sex? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Blair: He's a politician, what's to like?
    Knicker robbers: Now what kind of tabloids reporters do you have out there that they couldn't come up with 'Knickers nickers!' I mean, come on, call themselves reporters!?
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think anyone these days including Bush's own countrymen would consider stepping away and unhitching the lame horse from his administration. I was laughing my ass off that you and brain both did a post on the Oral Sex article. Guess some men can't help but think alike when it comes to certain sexual gratifications LOL! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say good riddance to Blair & the wicked witch (his wife), all they've done since he became prime minister is work out more & more ways to line their own pockets & grab as many freebies as they can...the sooner he goes the better. He went to my old school a few years ago & it was shown on the news, what they didn't tell you was the footage had been edited...he was greeted in the assembly by a chorus of f*ck off you w@nker ( I was told this by all my paperkids (i used to run a newsagents) & several teachers when they came to my shop at lunch that day).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Just great! As if it wasn't already hard enough to get your lady to give you a blow job...
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Underwear stealers... hpv in the mouth... and nanny 911... oh boy...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHERE on Earth do you find these stories?? LMAO!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me dying of oral sex? No chance there then!
    ;-)
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete