Monday, May 8, 2006

A Little Rarity.

    I don't usually take part in John Scalzi's Photo Assignments, but this week he made it a "grab-bag" with the hopes that we would post pictures that would make him say "whoa."  So, with that in mind, here's a picture I took some time ago when gas was cheap, and the road trip I was on found me bouncing around Mount St. Helens.

   

    The strange thing is, I get the same look from human mothers as I drive by when their children are playing in the road.  Don't worry.  I'm careful, and I completely understand that sometimes it's next to impossible keeping the kids in the yard.  But, judging by the look on the doe's face, it seems like this sort of thing happens a lot.   

    But, I do get a kick out of how the little fellow has all four wheels off the pavement and seems to be having the time of his life.  Wheeeee!

Tag:

 

7 comments:

  1. That's a great shot!
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dan,
    :):)
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom does appear to be concerned!
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weeeeeeeeeeeee is right!

    Sorry the momma's give you dirty looks . . . :-D Maybe the street isn't a place to pick up chicks.

    Great photo, take care!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the look is more like, "please don't run over my child who insists on playing in traffic."

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture, its what sold me on your journal in the very beginning (besides your begging on the message board for readers of course).  I figured if you could take such an endearing picture you had to be cool.
    Yeah, that is definitely a 'Whoa' picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is so funny!!  What a shot!!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete