Monday, May 8, 2006

Joe Six Pack (redux)

 
    Now, being from Milwaukee, my people invented the six-pack.  In fact, my family once owned a brewery that went belly-up during the time of Prohibition, and, as a result, my ancestors had to sober up and get real jobs.  So, in honor of those former beer-makers, the theme of this Six-Pack is "People I'd Like to Have a Beer With."  So, here goes:
  • Aurora Walking Vacation    --Not every Canadian eats raw seal meat and lives in an igloo.  Some of them have a house, a crazy sense of humour and a great talent for getting people to understand all sides of any issue. 
  • Welcome to My Life     --Holly is funny --strike that!  Holly is REALLY funny.  If you can read her blog without cracking a smile, then you probably should check your pulse.  If you find that you are without a pulse, then you might be interested in reading her Fictional Vampire Journal.  She caters to both crowds. 
  • Rachael Anne Rules the World    --I think everyone should have a beer with at least one free-wheeling theologian at some point in their lives, and, to me, Rachael is a constant reminder that, in the right hands, religion can be a very good thing.  So, stop by here, say hello and give Kimo a virtual scratch behind the ears. 
  • Passer domesticus    --If there is such a thing in this world as a "reasonably domesticated gypsy," it's this woman and mother.  In reading her "100 Things," (currently at #121) it's clear that this life is not so much a moveable feast, insofar that it's kind of like a perpetually relocating kegger with great snacks and a lot of laughs. 
  • Eau de Humanity!    --Lee's a great guy with a great sense of humor, a sharp wit, and a knack for the comical side of all things logical.  Plus,you never know what kind of silliness you'll stumble across on this blog from time to time. 
  • HEY, I'M COUNTRY!    --Amanda is barely old enough to drink, but her observations on life and the world around her is just a lot of fun to read.  She strikes me as someone who never stops laughing.  But, more importantly, she's really finding her talent in this world, and I have a feeling that her readers may one day say, "I knew her when she was just a country girl who wrote a lot about shoes." 
    Well, here are just six of the many many people out there with whom I would enjoy sharing a beer.  There's a lot more out there, I'm sure. 
 
-Dan
P.S.  I agree with Paul.  I also think Joe needs a haircut (Still...  I wouldn't mind having a beer with Joe either, but posting his blog in my six pack could achieve a level of redundancy from which humanity might never be able to escape the clutches of its infinite loop).   
 

8 comments:

  1. Awww, I am honored and right back at ya, Dan. If you are ever in Utah, the products of Wasatch Brew Company  and Cutthroat Brewing will be waiting for you. Wasatch Brew has a beer called Polygamy Porter--the label shows a guy surrounded by his wiveS and the phrase "Why have just one"; the Cutthroat folks have a big billboard on route 15 which shows a picture of a six pack and the caption reads "666. It's all we ever think about". Gotta enjoy a state where beer-drinking is a SIN. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, not to sound too horribly sexist, but I never understood why anyone would be in a religion where you can have several wives and not be able to drink.  If anything, I'd think alcohol and coffee should almost be considered "marital aids" at that point.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Dan!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You like me - you really like me!"  Okay, so Sally Field, I'm not - but I am proud to have made your list of things "to-do."
    Wait - that went weird.
    Oh, well - you know what I mean!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I have sucked in one more fan of Hey, I'm Country. Mwahahahaha! Thanks for the pimp Dan! Yay!

    Barely old enough to drink, sheeesh, I still got two months two go. But I'll still have a beer with ya, shhh - just don't tell on me. :-D

    Something sounds so wrong everytime I read "a country girl who writes about shoes." Just doesn't seem quiet right to me.

    You've got a hell of a place over here Dan! Love it! Just thought I would note that.

    Take care! HeHeHe.

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, Amanda.  That does sound a little awkward.  Perhaps I should have said, "She's a country girl who can bitch-slap a herd of cattle over a barbed-wire fence while wearing heels and still keep a smile on her face."  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please note that I have made that the heading of "Hey I'm Country." Whoop Whoop!

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dan -- just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your Six-Pack Picks in my blog today: http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/1463

    Thanks -- Joe, Journals Editor

    ReplyDelete