Sunday, May 14, 2006

For My Mom.

    Hi mom!  I know the weather has been dreadful, and there's a pretty good chance you've not seen the sun in quite some time.  So, here's a picture just in case, like me, you've forgotten what it looks like.  Let's hope it'll put in an appearance today because we all know you deserve a nice, warm, sunny day to put your feet up and reflect proudly upon the fact that the seven boys you brought into this world have not utterly destroyed humanity --although, we certainly tried.  Personally, I think the world owes you a huge debt of gratitude for keeping mankind safe from our petty squabbles with nothing more than a simple, angry look and a wiggle of a wooden spoon.  The world definitely needs more moms like you. 

    Fortunately, this year I actually had time to put some thought into your Mother's Day gift.  I know that last year you were only pretending to be happy and excited when you opened my gift of malt liquor and a membership to the local shooting range.  This year, you are going to love your present.  I know..  I know...  You keep telling me you don't want or need anything, but I really can't think of any other way of showing you just how great of a mom you really are. 

    Happy Mother's Day, Mom. 

With love,

#6

Tag:

4 comments:

  1. 7 BOYS???? I will now refer to your Mom as a SAINT!!!!! I am in total awe of your Mother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pelvis hurts just thinking about giving birth 7 times. And I would have run out of names by the time you were born. (Hey, if the Borg ever get you and your brothers, you can be called Six-of-Seven. Ok, that would be a Bad Thing, but at least you'd get one of those Borg Eyes--like Robot Chicken.)

    ReplyDelete
  3.     Seven boys?  Your Mom deserves a medal.  But I'm sure she is proud of each and every one of you.  Nice tribute to her.  I do hope she sees it.  Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww . . . you are such a wonderful son. I am sure your momma will apprechiate the photograph, all though you may want to send along a pair of sunglasses, we wouldn't want to ruin her eyesight. :-D

    Take Care!
    Amanda
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete