Sunday, May 7, 2006

Assignment #110

    Great.  Just wonderful.  I've got a blistering brain-ache, and John Scalzi's poking around in my head for this weekend's assignment (why the guy can't develop a "normal" hobby like tennis or molecular biology, is beyond me).  This time, he's asked about the dreams we've recently had.  So, get your therapist on the phone; this is going to be one, silly trip...
 
    Some of the more reasonable dreams I've had lately consist of my ex-girlfriend running around setting my house on fire while I'm trying to read my email and eat my lunch.  She moves around me with inhuman speed as she silently bounces from room to room setting things ablaze in her typically cute and adorable little way.  Finally, when the house was consumed in smoke and flames, I woke up.
 
    Last night, I had a dream that I was pedaling my mountain bike down a dusty road in Wisconsin's backwater farmland, when I rode up behind an old woman who was also out getting a little exercise on what seemed to be a very pleasant day.  
 
    However, the odd thing was, the old, gray-haired woman was dressed exactly like me.  And, try as I may, I simply could not pass her.  So, me and my geriatric doppleganger continued along, and all the while I kept pulling out to pass, and she kept turning my pleasant ride into a brutal, body-breaking workout.  And, when I woke up, the first thing that popped into my mind was, "why didn't I just jam my tire-pump into her front spokes?" 
 
    Now, as for the extra-credit:  "Sleep to Dream Her," by The Dave Matthews Band (do I get bonus points for using BOTH words? 
 
Carry on Citizens,
Dan
 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Dan,
    what fascinating dreams!hugs!
    love,natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL... What did you do to your ex-girlfriend?? Sounds like a future entry to me. As far as the old lady kicking your butt. Well, I think it's just that. LoL

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, cute and adorable is one way to describe your ex setting fire to everything, LOL. And your "geriatric doppleganger", that's hilarious.
    -Cosette
    http://pandorasbazaar.blogspot.com/2006/05/weekend-assignment-110-strange-dreams.html

    ReplyDelete