Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Almost Caught Up...

    Yes.  I am mean.  I've been neglecting this journal while trying to get all caught up with everything that piled to the sky when my computer was being repaired.  Plus, you know, taking a break from everything to get things in order before ripping the bell out of the phone and sitting down to write a hopefully good book has taken a bit more time than I originally thought. 

    Anyway, a lot's been going on since I've been away. 

    I was sad to hear that Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, was killed while scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef.  I can honestly say that is a huge tragedy.  Steve Irwin lived a life a lot of people could only dream of, and his courage was something I'd always admired.  He was a staunch advocate for the protection of wildlife, and he always encouraged a healthy respect for nature.  And he did so with a very unique and entertaining flair. 

     Well, I'd love to write more, but the last week or so has been kind of rough as far as the painful, arthritic knuckles go, so I am going to go soak them in some nice, hot wax.  It's kind of annoying always aching and stuff, but things should get better soon. 

     So, what have you all been doing over the past week?  I'm pretty sure at least someone did something utterly nuts, and I want to hear about it. 

-DP

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could say I did something exciting during the entire span of my life, but I haven't.  I am too much of a control freak!  Sucks.

    Very sad about Steve Irwin...  :(

    Oh.. I'm in charge of the Vivi Awards this year.  Oh..you don't know what those are!  Well.. they're real.. and you need to get with the program Mister!  ;p

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate some deep fried Sicilain pumpkin. My dog house has been sided. Just gotta let it weather for a few weeks before I stain it now. This week should be more mundane for me.
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still live in Utah. Nuts.
    --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still live in Philadelphia, so that definately makes me nuts, lol. AOL alerts are down, got no alerts since friday. (((((((hugs)))))
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve Irwin will be sorely missed by millions... Sorry you haven't felt up to writing lately.  I can relate.  Take care ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello !!!!! Its good to have you back with us. It was sad to hear that Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter was killed. As for me I have been doing quite a bit and I recently started on a new food project which you will have to read my journal to see what it was. I also went shopping recently and I bought some stuff. I also bought some new chocolates at a place called the World Market. I have also been going to work so basically I have been doing tons of things. I'm just glad your back with us all at J-Land. You were missed. I shall return to your journal again soon. Byyyyyye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back. Hope those aches are soothed soon.  I got a root canal. How exciting is that? Can't wait to hear what you've been up to while in the Land of the Lost. Have a wonderful week. Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing nuts here.  I, too, am catching up on household stuff and other things neglected, so I neglected my journal!  I am sorry about your hands... my hands, wrists and elbows have been achy... too much rain.  ugh.

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi mate, sorry you've not been up to writing of late. I get my own aches and pains but I'm lucky in that they don't affect my hands. I don't know what I'd be like if I couldn't write. Maybe you ought to think about a good voice recognition program?
    It's a real shame about Steve Irwin, as you say, but at least he died doing something he loved. B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well lets see. I bought a new home and have been in it about a week and a half and the sink came off the bathroom wall and spewed hot water into my basement and made my smoke alarm go off. THATS nuts!  Its all better now.
    Glad to see you back...
    ~Terry Ü

    ReplyDelete