Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Alerts?

   Hey!  I've been hearing a lot about how the entry alerts are down.  I think Editor Jeff and Editor Joe have been trying to clear it up. 

    The thing is, my alerts are working, but the last time the alerts weren't working for me, what I did to remedy the problem was to go into the AOL Alerts itself and edit them all ONE BY ONE to turn them all on again. 

    Fortunately, I don't have a whole lot of journals on my alerts, so it wasn't a huge hassle.  So, for those of you willing to try, that might be an easy fix.  I can't promise anything, though. 

   Also, another option you could try is to do what Paul (aka P-Litty) does and use a feed aggregator or reader.  I understand it's quite handy --especially for those who like to keep up with a lot of non-AOL blogs.  He could probably explain it a lot better than me; however, unfortunately, he's busy building a doghouse which he could very well be sleeping in by October (we really should get a pool going on that). 

    Anyway, that's just my input on the issue.  Hope it helps.

-DP

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder if I can get Paul to build my cat a house . . . with a hot tub and moon roof?

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I used the word "alert" n front of my son, he wanted to know, "What's a Lert?" Of course I told him it was a child-eating Yeti that lives under his bed so he'd better not let his feet hang over in the night. (No, of course I didn't! But I was tempted.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of mine are working some aren't... ugh.

    I will try your idea, thanks Dan.

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete