Friday, February 2, 2007

Wasn't He the Guy Who Punched Midgets?

    Here's a recent phone conversation which should enlighten you to the goings on in my life:

    "Hello"
    "Hi, this is your mother."
    "Hi, Mom."
    "Hi."
    "What do you want?"
    "I wanted to tell you [name withheld] died of a heart attack."
    "Thanks.  But, I have no idea who that is."
    "Yes you do."
    "No, mom.  I honestly don't remember him."
    "Sure you do.  You saw him once when you were five."
    "Wait.  Now that you mention it, wasn't he the guy who always wore the orange jumpsuit who went around town sucking on tail pipes and eating paint chips while punching midgets and children in the face?"
    "Oh nevermind."
    "He owes me ten bucks!"
     "I said nevermind."
Click!

15 comments:

  1. Your poor mother.

    Amanda :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should NEVER ask your mother "What do you want?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, now you remember him, do you miss him? B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dan... your mom just wanted you to say you were sorry to help HER feel better you dope!!!!!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...  If I shared the ENTIRE conversation, they you folks wouldn't get teh funniez.  

    Oh.. .  And Barry?  I still have no idea who she was talking about.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume to make up for this, you'll be accompanying her to the funeral?! :)  -- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sending you my mothers phone number. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe you should put a disclaimer on your journal, something along the lines of " may cause bodily harm from falling off chairs from laughing, sugested diaper or depends wearing, do to laughing so hard causing pissin in pants , also the danger of losing body parts by lauging your butt off"
    Just a sugestion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom's name should be eyore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL... I know Dan... I know...

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I pity the woman who spawned you LOL. Your going to end up doing penance to your mom for that conversation , you do know that right? (Hugs) Love Ya Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Dan .... As the mother of a grown son, I think I can translate this phone call  for you.  Basically, it means " I just wanted an excuse to call and say hello to my son."  ( I've been known to come up with equally lame excuses )   Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree...guys just don't get it! And they think women like teasing...and how many times has this worked over the years????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Dan, haven't been over here in awhile.  Loved this entry!  You still make me laugh!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom's can make you feel guilty for anything. ANYTHING.  Like you not remembering a guy that you may or may not have even met!  And me for not going out to BFE to pick up my grandmother tonight while the snow piled up.  Sigh.
    Sometimes, I wish I was a test tube baby...
    --Holly

    ReplyDelete