Friday, February 9, 2007

Hideous Crap...

    Sorry about that collection of pointless gibberish in my "About Me" section.  I've decided to leave that junk up for a bit in the hopes that some geek from StatCounter may be able to decipher why their service doesn't operate properly on my journal.

     I've had nothing but problems with them lately, but let's see if they are able to redeem their service.  I'm willing to bet they won't, but ya never know.  I've tried everything.

    Anyway, I'm off to the hospital for a (hopefully) quick infusion. 

-DP
(update)   Well, I have some of the glitch fixed, I think.  I definitely do not recommend using Firefox 2.0 to tinker around in the inner-workings of AOL Journals.  It's like trying to fix an American-made toaster with a handful of metric tools. 

    Other than that, I s'pose the infusion went well.  I kind of bled all over everything which was kind of cool.  Then, it was just sit and watch the big bag drip painfully slow.  Ugh!  Next time, I'm bringing scissors and a bottle of gin with me to just snip the top of the Remicade bag and use it as a damn mixer.  Olives optional, baby!

10 comments:

  1. Don't let them take away "Code corrupted"...I like that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it goes ok at the hospital. And don't flirt with too many of the nurses!!  
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thouht you put code corruped there on purpose! LOL Hope all goes quickly at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've always had pointless gibberish in your About Me section...why apoligize now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny~!  I always called my infusions my 'cocktail' too!  My request was for a vodka martini!  I don't do gin!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps... Sorry about the bleeding all over part... I hate when that happens too...

    Do they do labs at each infusion too?  So you get stuck once for IV and once for blood?

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah...  The blood-sucking phlebotomists take a lot of labs.  But, it's not too terrible.

    -Dan
    http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way to fix an American toaster is to chuck it and buy a new one. Ain't been no toaster fixers 'round here for ages.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah... me too with the labs... They have to keep a close watch on our blood #'s and liver stuff...

    This month is the first ever in over 2 years of infusions that I got no bruising at all at either site!  I can't wait to tell the RN who did it!  lol

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me about it, when you try to fix something, or improve on it most likely it's going to come back and bite you on the ass. I had my fun today took me 3 fricking tries to do a post in my Journal, then i gave up what I was ultimately trying to do, before I pissed off all my readers for the mulitple alerts. I love the gang we have here, but if I didn't know better you all sound like a bunch of blood sucking vampires. (Hugs) Glad the infusion went well. Can't you take someone with you to yack your ear off so the time passes a little more eventful? I would go if I lived closer. Love Ya Indigo

    ReplyDelete