Saturday, February 3, 2007

Unknown?!?


    Look at this:
What the hell is unknown precipitation?   
    Here's my weather.  Yes.  It's very cold here.  It's not quite Fargo-cold, but it's still damn frosty, and it's supposed to stay this way for the next several days.  Fortunately, we have the lake here to keep us warm.  Otherwise, it might be, umm, colder? 

    Anyway, one of the things I really love about this weather report is the line "Unknown precipitation." 

    Seriously.  How is that supposed to help? 

    Is it raining?  Is it snowing?  Do we have whiskey and battery acid tumbling from the sky?  What the hell, weather people?  Can't someone stick their head out the door and say, "Hmm...  I'm going to say it's snowing.  I'm a meteorologist, and we learned about this in school.  Yes.  This might be snow." 

    Sometimes, I think they just give up when it comes to Wisconsin weather.  And, it's probably only a matter of time before I see the forecast saying: "It's going to be light today with a very good chance of becoming dark later in the day.  Good luck." 

-DP

5 comments:

  1. I would die!  That is too cold for these old bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dan!  6 degrees...  Yikes!   Damn weather people...  Don't go outside...it could be precipatating PIANOS!!!  

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like I'm in a different world.  It was 78F today.  Sheesh!  I'm living winter vicariously through all of you in the snow.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precipitating cats and dogs?  I wouldn't think at that temperature that'd it'd be really hard to figure out WHAT type of precipatation it is.   At 32F, sure, could be freezing rain or I forget when hail occurs.   What does Catdog do when it's like this?  Mine like to get under the covers.  -- Robin

    ReplyDelete