Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Have Food...


    I can't decide what I want for dinner...  Here are my choices:

    I have leftover meatloaf, stuffing, gravy and beans from last night.  I may just make some oven French fries, throw everything in a bucket and call it a poutine, but that might make Paul angry.

    I have a gyro leftover from breakfast (they were two for one).  And, as I type this, I am wondering if I am the only person out there who wants to go to Greece for no other reason than to ask some poor restaurateur, "How many Euros for a gyro?"

    There's soup.  There's always soup.  I will never be able to hide from the billion cans of soup I have.  I've even got a can of tomato aspic.  Who the hell has one of those?!?

    Bacon!  But really.  A line needs to be drawn.  I can't imagine the shameful gaze of my readers if they ever learned that I am the kind of guy who would actually sit down and eat a pound of bacon for dinner.  But, would it help if I had bacon AND gravy?

    Let's see...  Is lettuce supposed to be brown?  Are tomatoes usually green.  And, why are my potatoes growing?  This isn't Idaho, ya know?  It's winter in Wisconsin.  The only thing that grows here is a person's alcohol tolerance.

    Oh!  I have cookies.  I can have a poutine with bacon, gravy and Chips Ahoy!  Now that's after-bar food. 

    Seriously.  Gravy is really the ultimate equalizer.  You could put a half-way decent gravy on a dead rhino's toenails, and they would be tasty.

    Of course, I have cheese.  Lots of cheese.  There seems to be an inordinate amount of cheese and soup in my house.  And, like gravy, if you put cheese on anything, it becomes satisfying.  Just slap a French name on it, and you're good to go.  For example, tonight's special is Chat merde avec fromage.  Yum!

    Oh well...  I think I'll just order a pizza and dump some gravy on it.  How's your Saturday going?

11 comments:

  1. how about some Haggis but I suppose you don't have sheeps stomach in the frig do you now?
    http:journals.aol.com/carolhehe/GypsyPaths.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote for bacon and gravy over fried green tomatoes, but that's cuz i'm not the one cooking...grins, debra

    ReplyDelete
  3.      
      I think Greece love gyro's. Last paragraph sounds good leftovers are great.                                          

                                                               Patty Ann

        http://Journals.aol.com/ridgerunnerP49/simplyjustmyself/
                                                           

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the hell is that...cat sh*t with cheese?!?  lmao.  Sounds good.

    Annie =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat poo can actually lower your cholesterol if you leave off the cheese. Oh, wait, I'm confusing cat poo with oatmeal again. The meatloaf and fries sound good. Forget the gravy...everything seems edible washed down with beer. Lots and lots of beer.--Cin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oookkkaayy.......Your what 38, and you eat like that hmmm........are we going to be missing you in 10 years , while your books take off simply because your a dead author?? Lettuce isn't suppose to be brown, your lettuce is fermented honey. Green tomatoes are only good either pickled or fried and your potatoes are growing because your eating processed artery clogging food. Which is in evidence you provided yourself with this post. K, I'll give ya a break your a single guy what do I actually expect. As a friend next time make a salad for your health before the lettuce whilts........Alright your local health inspector is shutting up now.(Winks) Hey you left yourself open for that one.....(Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I remember what happened last time you decided to give yourself a healthy meal and bought all those salad fixins and sat down in from of the TV only to hear that your spinach salad was a big bowl of Death. That was discouraging, to say the least.--Cin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey... Indigo doesn't seem to understand the Minnesota/Wisconsin cheese/wurst/beer/ gravy diet!  It is truly the best, and hey... you don't get clogged arteries because you are always shoveling your ass out of snowstorms and all the grease makes everything slide on thru!!!!

    Just look it up Indigo... MN and WI both have great longevity stats!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a bacon sandwich with some cheese on it for lunch, should have gotten a side of gravy .. and I'm a girl.  by now you've solved your dilemma but whatever you chose, I hope it was the thing that scratched your itch .. you know how sometimes you really want something and you can't for the life of you figure out what that something is so you take a taste of everything trying to figure it out but you never really do .. I hate that.  

    cat poo n cheese .. don't think i EVER craved THAT!! ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were going to have BLT's for lunch.  Ended up making eggs and toast. Didn't chicken fry the bacon.  Though we should have. Had bean soup for dinner. What DID you eat?
    Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  11. All sounds good as long as you have a cold beer to go with it!
    Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete