Friday, October 6, 2006

It's Catmas!

Acacia: AKA Deaf Cat

As Paul points out, today is Catmas, and apparently it's a day for the grand ol' sphere o' blogs to showcase their furry, feline fuzz-buddies. 

Harding: AKA Dog Cat

    The picture above is an altered photo of Deaf Cat.  She's also mostly blind, and from what I've been able to gather, looking at her in that photo is probably not entirely unlike how she sees me and the world around her.  She's prone to immense fits of outrageous excitement, and will go from complete catatonia to bolting full speed in any absolutely random direction.  Oh yeah!  She also sleeps with her eyes wide open, and it gets a little weird. 

     On the right, that's the almighty lummox: Dog Cat.  He drinks out of the toilet, barks like a dog when he wants something, and he will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him from cantaloupe to Roquefort cheese.  About the only dog-like thing he doesn't do is cram his nose into the crotches of any visitors I may have.  His claw-loaded paws are roughly the same diameter as the bottom of a beer bottle, and he once used them to slash through an aluminum window screen in a desperate attempt to get outside. 

    During the summer months, when the weather is nice, Dog Cat is an outside cat, and I can pretty much only expect to see him on Tuesdays when the garbage trucks make their rounds.  He's unbelievably terrified of them, and as a result, he will be pounding on the door at the first audible grunt of the garbage hauler in the neighborhood every Tuesday morning so as to come running into the house and hide in a corner of the basement on his favorite chair to sleep until Wednesday (possibly Thursday).  And, if you happen to be IN his favorite chair, well...  you ARE the favorite chair, and you should probably not make any plans to get up for quite some time.

    Anyway, if you've got cats and would like to take part in Catmas, post a picture and tell me a little about furry pals in your Journals and leave a link in the comments.  After all, I'm hoping I'm not the only one with weird cats.  In fact, I kind of need to know I'm not the only one out there... 

-DP

Tags:

11 comments:

  1. Oh Dan don't be silly, you know you aren't the only one with a weird cat . . .

    Miss Trickster
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photo of Blind Cat. I'll have to see if my two cats are feeling photogenic today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cats and my cat - could be the feline version of The Three Stooges!
    --Holly
    http://journals.aol.com/h0llyk911/WelcometoMyLife/entries/2006/10/06/nermals-nemesis/1560
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a cat person.  I'm a dog lover.. :)

    Hugs and.. well.. you know..

    :)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a cheap shot at getting pimped on other journals.....but it worked!

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/vampjack/Firsttimefamilyman/

    Enjoy...Vamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here ya go

    http://journals.aol.com/rusrhi/TheImpossibleDream/entries/2006/10/06/ode-to-max/2977

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture of your blind cat must get blown up by you and put on a wall...its very pretty.....~Raven

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cats are totally wierd... I should do an entry on that!  Merry Catmas to you!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ps... my pics are up too!

    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a dog-cat too.......aren't they weird?  LOL..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cats? Did you say cats? OMG ... Happy and Merry Catmas! Cats? I've got cats galore .... or is that .... ok, never mind.

    I'll add some pictures of some of our cats, but it's just the beginning ... there's cats aplenty here, and I love them all. We have so many more that have adopted us, but have not yet been captured in the kodak moment. Someday I'll get pictures of all of them.

    http://journals.aol.com/heygirllll/JillsLifeInParadise/

    Enjoy!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

  11. Merry Catmas!   Here's my baby.  


    http://journals.aol.com/susyqscloset/susyqs-world/



    Susan

    ReplyDelete