Monday, October 9, 2006

Crashed!

    I promise!  This will be the last cat-based entry for a while.  After all, I don't want to become one of those people (not that there's anything wrong with that).  But, I just had to pass along a little bit of post-Catmas silliness. 

    This morning, Deaf Cat is stoned.  Her little kitty brain is whacked out on the half-of-a-tranquilizer I have to give her so she doesn't pop a gasket during her trip to the vet's.  An unmedicated Deaf Cat has an odd way of just going freaking bonkers after a trip to the vet. 

     Now, I know it's wrong of me as a pet owner to take any sort of enjoyment out of this sort of alteration to my cat's consciousness, but, as horrible as it is, it's damn funny.  So far this morning, she's fallen face first into her little plate of Fancy Feast, and, fortunately, Dog Cat was nearby to wash it off her forehead.  Then, as a show of her gratitude, while Dog Cat was waiting by the door for me to let him out, she plowed into him like a linebacker, driving him into the wall with her furry little head before wobbling away to contemplate a curious spot on the floor.   

     Other than that, today is Columbus Day, and you should all celebrate by going out and having something Colombian.  Just, you know, keep it legal and try to stick to things like bananas and coffee. 

-DP

12 comments:

  1. Stoned or not...still very cute!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat looks like that with out tranqulizers. . .

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, she is cute. Hope her trip to the vet is uneventful. And here's a little something Columbian for you this morning...
    http://www.columbianmagic.com/
    ...and they all just want to meet YOU, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love that pix. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious!   I would LOVE to be able to drug my Phoebe before toting her to the vet and then having to hold the carrier upside down and shake it like a maracca to get her loose once we get there!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminded me of the time I slipped the trank in the boss's lemonade when he.......ooops, did I just confess to something???  I'm sorry, I have no recollection of that!  There, my disclaimer and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!  A stoned cat!  Now that is funny!

    Your a dork!

    Love you anyway.. hee

    Hugs and sandpaper tongue cat kisses (ewwwwwww), and all that stuff!

    Jackie
    http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago, the ex and I didn't have money for night tables, so I kept my drinks on the floor. Our Shih Tzu went through a good portion of my rum and Coke. Poor guy staggered around and ended up falling between the matress and the footboard and getting stuck. It was like a cartoon. Felt sorry for him, but laughed our heads off. Of course, it upset his stomach and he got his revenge on the $3000 rug that night.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I hope that Deaf Cat (that I hope has an ACTUAL name) is given a clean bill of health from the vet.

    be well,
    Dawn

    ps... I hope that DogCat learned that no good deed goes unpunished....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I borrow the other half?  My daughter's nasty beast of a cat needs a grooming something terrible, and nobody in town will touch her.  If ever there was a case for kitty drugs, 'Jezebel' is it.   Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor little stoned kitty!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

  12. Your cat looks like my moms persian Maggie.
    Maggie gets shaved and looks like this little skinny thing with a giant lions head and 4 ugg boots on. Maggie also is a drug addict.....she will not give up her cat nip.

    ReplyDelete