Sunday, November 11, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Welcome to the 19th Century!



Here's an interesting gripe to the editor of the Victoria Advocate:
An old-fashioned point of view
November 09, 2007 - Posted at 6:57 a.m.


Editor, the Victoria Advocate:

Two little girls always played together well. They played at one house then the other. Never had any problems. One day on TV they saw the space station being docked by the space shuttle.

Great they thought. But best of all it was being commanded by two women. Outstanding they thought. So they decided to dress up in space suits and play astronauts. There was also a little neighbor boy who used to play with them really well.

The three had no trouble getting the costumes since it was around Halloween. They played well for a day or two, but then things went wrong and they begin quarreling. The two girls were angry at each other; neither wanted to share the little boy. So they started flinging their pampers at each other. And they threw pepper at each other.

So much for (playing together well)! Whatever happened to little girls playing with dolls and dreaming of becoming wives and mothers? Whatever happened to young men looking for a good Christian wife and finding a young woman still clinging to her doll? Me, old fashioned? I guess. Me, a male chauvinist pig? To answer that I would have to say, “Oink, oink, oink.”

Wayne Johns

Kenedy
That little bold bit up there is really the deal-killer when it comes to assessing Wayne's sanity. I mean, now that I'm out there in the dating world (again), I think a bad requirement for a potential mate is that she's holding a doll. In fact, I'm willing to say they'd lock me up for a very long time if I started approaching those "potential" Mrs. Me-candidates.

Now, I don't think Wayne's an old-fashioned chauvinist pig. I do, however, think Wayne's absolutely batshit insane and terrified of the notion that women are actually, you know, people. And, they are people with opinions, abilities, and they can even vote (that must really drive Wayne here mad).

Trust me. If you fix me up with a woman who can strap herself to a big freakin' bomb that blasts itself into the heavens at several thousand miles per hour or some doll-toting, thumb-sucking, good Christian woman, I think I'm going to have to go with the explosive, yet incredibly brave lady with all those incredible human aspirations and the courage to see them come true on her own, without the help of anyone.

Besides, I can bake my own damn pie.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/11/2007 09:29:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, rather she be holding a doll, rather than a freaking vibrator! ;-)
    gAZ

    ReplyDelete