Friday, November 2, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] They've Become Dragons Themselves...

What you see in the follow video is Max Blumenthal's trip to that from the den of inequity and hatred that is the 2007 "Value Voters" Summit. And, if any of you ever stop to wonder why it is I rail against the so-called Christians of this nation, watching this should easily clear that one up. Keep in mind that these are people who comprise a political group with enough clout to help put that prattling, incompetent, born-again piece of filth George Bush in the White House, and they have about as much regret for that disaster as they do the depth of their own humanity.

Trust me. These so-called "Christians" are the scum of the earth, and their hatred for you, for me, and for our freedoms run considerably deep as a result of their silly, twisted religion.


To all you tolerant Christians out there: this is what your faith has wrought, and this is what you have to destroy if you are to save your religion. The amount of hatred these people inspire is almost infinite, and it has polluted and cheapened your faith to what I fear are irreparable conclusions. And, like any other of this nation's myriad of mindless hate groups, these dense and damaged people despise the differences in us which makes our species truly great and unique.

In the end, they will continue to hate until there is nothing left to hate but each other.

So, when someone asks me why I refuse to trust a Christian, this is why. When someone asks me why I will never be a Christian, look at the madness that is your own religion and tell me how you are any different from those we are fighting in the Middle East? And when I laugh in your face when you condemn me for not believing as you, maybe seeing the people captured here will enlighten you as to why I think you, your religion, and your wasted life are a complete and total joke upon which more enlightened men that I will piss themselves with laughter.

If not, you may as well climb into that lion cage and turn yourself into a martyr for your comically misguided cause since the hatred you so sanctimoniously, so easily, mete out upon your fellow, innocent Americans human beings has made your life and your faith worthless to the progress of humanity.

So, why am I ranting about this now?

The answer to that is simple. I've gotten a heap of very ridiculous, hate-filled and disturbing emails from a group (or a single person with a lot of different addresses --which is probably more the case) who really seems to dislike the fact that I am allowed (by their "god" coincidentally enough) to breathe the same air as they do.

However, most importantly, I love my readers, and I know some of you identify with the Christian religion. But, I worry about you. I really, really do. And though I know you're all smart enough to not fall victim to these petty hatreds, I can't help but worry about what you hear coming from those pulpits in your churches. Remember: the people in this video were perhaps just like you once. However, somewhere along the way, their paths became troubled and twisted as a result of something in their characters or lives coming into conflict with their beliefs, and as a result of that self-perceived flaw and subsequent judgment, their lives were cast into a tailspin of self-loathing and hatred in pursuit of whatthey mistakenly believe is a "righteous, moral" life.

So, if you are religious, be careful. When you see your neighbor, family member, or good friend doing something which your church --and not our society's laws-- forbids, remember what it is you will be losing when you pass that judgment upon your fellow human being. After all, you won't just be losing a friend, will you?

Now, am I judging the people in this video too harshly? Perhaps. But, I know if they have their way, our nation would be no different from that of Afghanistan under the regime of the Taliban, or Europe during the oppression of the Inquisition where even the smallest deviation from their strict, uncompromising moral law was met with deadly punishment. And, I hate to say it, America is, in fact, headed that way. Christians are buying into these hate-mongering groups for no other reason than they claim to be Christian, and their numbers seem to be growing. They think it's just one, big happy group when in reality, it's a treasonous cult who would willingly burn the foundations of this nation and dance upon their smoldering embers while creating an empire of oppression and hatred for your fellow man.

As a personal note to someone named Gus and his merry band of people who would like me to die so they can giggle at the notion of me suffering for eternity:

I don't care if you believe your Jesus is special, magical, divine, or even remotely deserving of my respect in any way whatsoever. I don't care one damn bit about your beliefs so long as you don't try to use them to trample my rights (human, civil, state or federal). No one's trampling on your rights in any way, so why seek to abridge everyone else's?

Better yet: Give me one --just one-- example of someone in an official capacity in this country telling you that you can't personally believe in God, and you can't have any rights in America as a result of your beliefs? If you can, then I'll let you carp on ad infinitum telling me that I can't be an atheist, and I will let you take my rights away, and you can burn me at the stake like you said I deserved. In fact, if you folks get the America of your perverted dreams, I'll chop the wood and light the fucking match to help you along.

Anyway, I think that's the end of this rant. Glad I got this off my chest. If one person reads this and can make heads or tails of it, I'll feel happy. But, really, I've had enough of writing about this nonsense, and I'd rather make my friends laugh. People are so much easier to understand and appreciate when they're smiling --except for that girl at the bank. I've yet to work that one out. She's really attractive (she looks exactly like Rachael Leigh Cook). The thing is, when she laughs, she gets this wild look in her eyes that's a wee bit frightening. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Of course, I still gave her my phone number. I'm not dumb, ya know.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/02/2007 11:03:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. DP, I have always believed that "Religious Freedom" applied to all even those who are non-belivers or professed/subscribed to no formal religion.
    Am I wrong in my thinking?
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched some of this then turned if off.......... Dan, you need to move to the UK mate, shit like that does not happen in this country.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting hate mail like that ?  YIKES!
    There are Christians, and there are those twisted and tempted by evil and likely truly believe stuff, but that's not to be confused with actual Christians and Christianity.  I'm sorry it's got to be difficult for those who are harrassed as if vile, by people claiming to be Christians.  Not that I can watch the video, just going by skim-reading your words.  

    ReplyDelete