Wednesday, November 7, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Maybe I Should Switch to Kelvin...


It's thirty-one degrees here...

That's pretty cold, and if you do the math and convert it to metric, it's even colder.

That's one of the things that always bothered me when I was spending time abroad. Everything is just a heck of a lot colder in metric.

On the plus side, when you're roaming around the blazing hot heat of summer and the Euro-thermometer reads that it's only around forty degrees, it's kind of fun.

Or, at least it's fun until the heat-stroke sets in, and you find yourself wandering aimlessly around an Autostrada truck stop trying to figure out the toilets in an Italian mens' room. And, as you can see from the photo, Italy is no place for a dumb American with bad knees. Trust me. I know this so you don't have to.

But, I digress...

It's cold here. But, at least it's not metric cold.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/07/2007 08:19:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. Is that thing a TOILET?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...Dare I ask....what IS that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, when I looed at the picture my thought what the heck is Dan showing us a picture of his kitchen sink or bathtub for.
    I have been to Italy and never ran into anything like that, thank God. I hope you had shoes and not sandles and wiped you feet well.
    I hate the cold too. Just came back from a visit to SC and have not been able to get warm since. Got a blanket ove my shoulders as I type this. Take care and keep warm, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, I had the misfortune of using one of those toilets at a beach in Greece. My stomach had been playing up for days, I rushed in and yanked down my speedos. As I let rip, I fell back onto my haunches and promptly filled up my speedos! What more there was NO LOO ROLL!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete