Friday, November 2, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] 3... 2... 1... *click*



This is actually really neat.

It's a collection of pictures taken by people who had their fingers on the button at that very rare, absolute perfect time.

I was truly having a heck of a time trying to find a picture in that collection which I could use to illustrate this entry since they're all pretty amazing. But, in the end, the committee voted to run the "Salmon Suicide" picture seen here.

Oh. And if any of you have ever gone fishing, you should be kind of annoyed at how easy this bear makes fishing look. I mean, this wouldn't happen if I stood atop a waterfall with a frying pan in my hand, would it?

Of course not. I'd stand there until my feet froze, and I wound up getting washed over the falls to meet my demise upon the cold, jagged boulders below.

When it comes to fishing, some of us have to sit and drink beer for long periods of time while running through a myriad of arguments that usually end with the conclusion: Store bought salmon is way better than anything you can catch in a river, so I'm off to Piggly wiggly. Besides, you can't catch beer in a creek.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/02/2007 10:08:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Shots like that to me are a once in a lifetime. At 76 I am still waiting for my lifetime shot. Hope I get one some day. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic!  I love some of these!

    ReplyDelete