Thursday, November 8, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Dude. Do You Mind?


This is pretty much the first thing I see in the morning when I manage to wake up. DogCat's new thing is to curl up into a tidy pile of fur in front of my face and give me this look until my internal paranoia starts screaming at me to get out of bed because something is watching me.

He just stays there staring at me, and it creeps me out. Sometimes, he'll issue a bored, cat-breath sigh in my face, and other times, he'll reach out and smack me on my nose. Either way, I wake up, and I see this look which seems to say, "Oh! You're awake? Well, how about you get out of bed and go somewhere else? I've had a hell of a night, and I am dead tired."

I know what you're thinking. Why don't I just roll over and go back to sleep?

Well, whenever I try to do that, it's only a matter of time before I feel fourteen pounds of cat stepping on my head and smacking me in the face with his tail as he goes about curling up and resuming this pose.

In other words, it doesn't matter where my face is. He will find it, and he will get all up in it with his passive-aggressive cat madness. If I sleep on my back, he's on my chest. If I sleep on my stomach, he's standing on the back of my skull, and I'm flailing my arms and legs around to fight off being murdered by suffocation.

Oh well... At least he doesn't do these things in the middle of the night.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/08/2007 11:09:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. My dog tries to do this stuff.  I KNOW she stares at me, waiting until I'm awake.  I prefer my cat, who comes under the covers and snuggles next to me, instead.  Not trying to get on my face.

    "Wake up; smell the catfood."  Wish I remembered what band had that line in a song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try having 3 of them that take that pose up in the morning. They all weigh just as much as Dog-Cat does too. They take turns taking up alternate positions to make you uncomfortable. One will sit on your feet rendering it impossible to move them under the covers. While another cat proceeds to walk up and down your body, stepping on your stomache and chest winding you. As the last cat sits in front of your face and watches to see if it's working. Once you open your eyes , that's it, your done for. If you try closing them again your getting smacked for trying to fool them. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say do it back to him! HA! Yep, reinforcing him to continue! Try spray bottle of water! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that face says, 'where's my F****** breakfast!'
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete