Tuesday, November 6, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] I Can Haz Prezdent 4 Lyfe Status?


Apparently, all sorts of hell is breaking loose in the so-called "Land of the Pure"--better known as Pakistan. General Pervez Musharraf has begun rounding up his detractors and tossing them in jail for whatever reason can be cooked up. Unfortunately, he doesn't quite have the easy excuse for enacting these sorts of mad tactics as our own little , lower-case dictator G-Dub has. I mean, Bush can just scream "It's teh terrah a'comin, 'mericans! They're gonna kills us all dead!"

Nope. "Mushie" has to go about the government clamp-down in a much more old-skool, traditional sort of way by suspending their nation's constitution and declaring a state of emergency to give him, one person, supreme authority over the land beneath the now-ubiquitous and spurious auspice of fighting terrorism.

Normally, this sort of international silliness wouldn't really trouble me so much; however, I have friends in Pakistan, and they are good and amazing people who I truly respect and admire. And, even though I know they're all fine and dandy most likely, I just can't escape the overwhelming feelings of concern which will undoubtedly last until this entire dreaded fiasco is over.

Unfortunately, I don't think they are able to read this blog (and I'm not even sure if I've ever told them it exists). However, if anyone from Pakistan does stumble upon these humble words, just know that I truly hope the current chaos within your nation comes to a quick and peaceful solution which is in the best interests of the kind citizens of Pakistan.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/06/2007 12:15:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment