Saturday, November 10, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's From the Dawnster!

Apparently, today my mind is populated by a collection of unbelievably lazy brain-gnomes who, so far this morning, have only managed to sit around smoking and drinking coffee when they are supposed to be trying to put together a few fascinating thoughts.

It must be a union thing.

Anyway, since my brain is on strike, I figured I'd take part in one of Princess Dawn's regal memes. I don't know what to call it, exactly. However, when in doubt, I tend to name things "Hasselhoff." For example, my niece wanted a name for her car since, for some odd reason, she felt her car needed one of those. So, after sitting around drawing a blank for the better part of an hour, we settled on the name "Hasselhoff" for her ancient, now dead, Dodge Colt.

So, here's my stab at the "Hasselhoff Meme." I hope y'all enjoy!

4 Jobs I've Had
  1. Department Store Stockboy --conveniently located in a nice, big shopping mall. In fact, it was the kind of shopping mall you'd expect people to run to when the zombie hordes start devouring the brains of humanity. I think that's why I took the job.
  2. Bartender --not many people could out-drink me in those days, but god bless 'em for trying and keeping my tip jar full. I learned to love Jagermeister in those glorious days, but don't we all eventually have to grow up sometime?
  3. Fiction Editor --it was for my college "literary magazine" The Wisconsin Review. I wouldn't exactly call it a job since I didn't really get paid for doing a damn thing, but I did have to show up and read a heap of manuscripts pretty much every day... Wait a minute. That is a freakin' job, and I worked for free. Gyaagh!
  4. Builder of Randall guitar amplifiers --not nearly as glamorous as it sounds. I did meet Def Leppard once when they were playing in town since they used our amps (actually, they used more empty cabinets than they did actual amps). Fun job, though.
4 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
  1. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon --it's just one of those pretty films I tend to dig on when the mood strikes.
  2. The Last Waltz --Freakin' Levon Helms singing "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down" still gives me goosebumps, and I find myself struck with the strange urge to blow the dust out of my speakers.
  3. The Tao of Steve --I don't know why. It's just a cool film.
  4. Finding Forrester --It's one of those movies which reminds me how to write and why I should be doing so in the first freakin' place. It has an odd way of inspiring me and busting me out of whatever funk I may find myself in.
4 Places I Have Lived
  1. Milwaukee, WI --Nice town. Cheap beer. Lots of parties and festivals.
  2. Oshkosh, WI --Get it out of your systems, b'gosh!
  3. Eindhoven, The Netherlands --Damn it. I still miss whooping it up on the Stratums Eind... Oh, and to the bastard who swiped my bike from the train station, I'm still looking for you, and I will find you, you dirty Dutch criminal!
  4. Schonaich, Germany --Trust me, it's really important to become friends with the local butcher. In this case, the butcher also owned the local Biergarten. Needless to say, our friendship was inevitable.
4 TV Shows I Love To Watch
  1. Doctor Who --Yes. I'm a geek. A big, silly geek.
  2. Eureka --Still a geek.
  3. Stargate: Atlantis --I have to watch. I need my wormhole fix, and though this show isn't nearly as hip and funny as the original, I suppose it'll just have to do.
  4. House --It's never Lupus.
4 Places I've Been To On Vacation
  1. Spread Eagle, WI --Road trip! I don't know why, but I just sort of had to see what this town was all about. I suppose it was the name that drew me to it.
  2. Paris, France --I hated that city when I first set foot there. Then, the next morning I awoke to find a fish-market in the street beneath my hotel room window, and I figured that was a pretty unique (albeit smelly) thing. Suddenly, I just started to really love that city.
  3. Fruita, CO --Home of Mike the Headless Chicken. Need I really say any more?
  4. Sorrento, Italy --I made the mistake of sleeping at night with the doors of my balcony open, and during the night, several very ambitious cats climbed their way into my bed. It made for a weird morning.
4 Websites I Visit Daily
  1. Fark.com
  2. Bad Astronomy
  3. The Wittenburg Door
  4. Obscure Store and Reading Room
4 Favorite Dishes
  1. Chili Dogs --Yum. With cheese? More yum.
  2. Ramen Noodles --What? I can like them.
  3. Blueberry Pancakes --They are pretty much a part of my perfect breakfast.
  4. Meatloaf --I don't know. It's a comfort food, and I make a pretty damn tasty one. Besides, is there anything better than a loaf of meat?
4 Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
  1. Africa --Seems like it'd be nice this time of year.
  2. Any place where a volcano is erupting --Those things fascinate me.
  3. At the barber --I need a haircut... badly...
  4. Your house --I'm getting bored at my house, and I think I'd have more fun at your place. Do you have beer?
Well, that's the meme, and those are my answers. I don't know if I've done this one before since I'm just too lazy to take a look. It seems like I have, but who knows?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 11/10/2007 09:30:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. Beers are ready, I love Ramon noodles too!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, I have Budweiser and my pretzels dipp]erd in soft cheddar cheese. You would be welcome anytime. Suggest we meet somewhere in the south. It is too cold for me in the Philly area to enjoy my beer, I will still have a can before I go to bed, stay warm, Bill

    ReplyDelete