Monday, February 18, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] <i>Don't Panic.</i>

Happy Presidents Day!

I know. As far as holidays go, it's really not what you'd consider a "top tier" holiday, and the only presents anyone seems to get on this day are endless marathons of all random TV shows. We've got the Anthony Bourdain No Reservations marathon on the Travel Channel. There's also CSI: Miami on A&E, the original CSI on Spike TV, Firefly on SciFi, and on and on and on... Even the freakin' Cartoon Network has something going all day.

Aside from that, though, it is Presidents Day, and, oddly enough, I'm going to celebrate President Garfield since, you know, why not?

As it turns out, I'm related to this president through some very twisted and obscure meanderings of the branches of my family tree. Apparently, some distant relative on my maternal grandmother's side of the family was married to one of Garfield's kids or something like that.

I'm not really sure how it all works out, but it's nice to know that I possess a little blue blood, American political royalty. Unfortunately, from what I gather, he wasn't that great of a president, and he was only in office for six months before he was gunned down by a crazed Republican supporter.

Freakin' neo-con bastards! You killed my great-great-great-great third cousin twice removed! Prepare to die!

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the holiday somehow. If you work in a bank or the post office, put your feet up, get soused and tune into one of the many marathons if you feel like it.


-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 2/18/2008 10:19:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. Hi !!!!!!!

    On this President's Day I had to go into work since I work at a courthouse. I mainly worked and worked and worked and worked and worked. I have to tell you that I too enjoy Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and CSI : Miami. I read that you will be taking a break from scribbling and I have to tell you that YOU will be missed while you are away. I will be waiting anxiously until you return. I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love your scribbling's.

    Do hurry back !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, then you'd have caught the lasagne clue, at a President's Day party I attended Saturday night.   (We had more obvious clues, too, such as jelly beans, and those thick pretzel sticks stacked up like, well, Lincoln logs.)

    Happy day.

    ReplyDelete