Monday, February 25, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Happy Monday!

It's been a week... A very, very unproductive week.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though it was nearly as unproductive as it should have been. I wrote, I caught a mouse, and I taught myself how to cook a whole heap of nifty new dishes while also putting some wild spins on comfort food favorites of days long past. So, in light of that little flurry of industry, I'm going to take the rest of this week and just sort of plod around doing what I can to not engage this puddle of sludge between my ears.

I figure I will either read a somewhat decent book, or I may just spend the week trying to figure out just how in the hell I can make a Slinky go down stairs --alone. Not in pairs. I only have one, lonely Slinky. For some damn reason, that has been a baffling quest of mine since childhood. It's haunted me, and it has plagued my existence since the day someone got my one of those damn springs.

Seriously. I can only get my Slinky to slink down one simple step instead of rolling ass-over-tea-kettle down and entire flight.

Do you, dear reader, have any idea the incredible crushing sense of failure one feels when their Slinky doesn't function as advertised?

Perhaps it would be best to just read a book. That freakin' Slinky will drive me mad.

Nonetheless, I will try to post some things here and there during the week, but I am not going to make any promises. However, on Sunday, I will be back... Oh yes!

As a teaser, aside from some of the things which I have already alluded to in this very senseless and meandering post, I will also be trying to follow-through on Jorf Sommermin's meme regarding three things I've learned the hard way (freakin' bastard keeps screwing up the name of this blog and the link to it, so hey! I'm returning the favor).

Now, I'm off to do what I can to escape this nagging, wretched sense of sanity I seem to be feeling at the moment.

Take care folks! If I don't see you this week, I'll see you Sunday... Sunday... Sunday!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 2/25/2008 08:40:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. Dan -- I'm not screwing up the link to this thing. I'm linking to your blogspot blog on purpose. Remember, I was on the inside at AOL Journals, and I know exactly how reliable these things are. I'd like my readers to go to a blog that doesn't experience frequent outages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dannnnnnn, welcome back!!!! It seems ages since you last posted.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never known a Slinkey to actually make it down an ENTIRE flight of stairs.  Then again, one can always have hope:)

    I'll have to check out Jeff's latest..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish someone would cook for me! ;)  We mainly have the same dinners with different sides over and over again.  It's probably why I like to eat out so much.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete