Saturday, February 9, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Nothin' but Net!


Here's a picture of some snow collected in my neighbor's basketball hoop. I noticed this last night, and thought about taking a picture then, but it was a smidge too dark (though today doesn't seem to be any brighter), and I was a wee bit shaky from freezing my giblets out there in the cold.

The whole hoop and net were filled with snow last night. For a moment, when it first caught my eye, I thought, so... It's going to be floating ice-cream cones now, is it? I'm not enjoying hypothermia.

Fortunately, I managed to pull myself together and realize that it wasn't an ice-cream cone. After all, not only did it not have chocolate sprinkles, it was too big, and most frozen treats don't usually hover ten feet off the ground in a dark alley.

-DP




--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 2/09/2008 09:20:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. Apparently you haven't seen "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on the Cartoon Channel late at night....I think that would come close to food floating in a dark alley (Hugs).
    Indigo
    http://journals.aol.com/rdautumnsage/ravens-lament/

    P.s. Don't ask how I know this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot - really original.

    Dan

    http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the words right out of my mouth!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete