Friday, August 1, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Weird....

Not to sound like an old person or anything, but sumthin's comin'. My arthritis 's actin' up. Think I may as well just mosey on down to th' Winn-Dixie to enjoy some of that conditioned air and have myself a ice cold Dr. Pepper. Ay-Yup.


Sorry. I'm just being silly. It's been one of those weeks, and I think silly is probably the best way to roll today...

However, since I'm here, I might as well turn your attention to this dandy little video:




It's actually a proof of concept video from Joel Hodgson (he of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame) and Jim Hodgson (brother of he of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame).

Anyway, it's called the "Jolly Filter Test Video," and it was part of a development deal that the Brothers Hodgson had with USA Networks, and essentially what it does is take a mind-numbingly boring movie (In this case, the first two minutes of the 1977 film Rollercoaster), and it puts a creative, and much more entertaining spin on the film with the aid of some remarkably talented annimation work.

Personally, I actually kind of like this, and I wonder how it would hold up for say an hour's length episode. But, I think like MST3000 it might be a little hit or miss from episode to episode, but that shouldn't mean much since, overall, MST3000 was always entertaining to some degree and easily one of the best ways to spend a hungover Saturday and/or Sunday morning while I was in college. And, to me, the Jolly Filter looks like it could just be a whole hell of a lot of fun in much the same way.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 8/01/2008 10:54:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment