Monday, August 4, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Oh, This is Just Freakin' Great.


Have you heard the news?

Phil Plait has been named the President of the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF for you acronymically-inclined).

Now, though this is probably wonderful news for Phil and the skeptic community, he's going to be Philling some great, big shoes, and I can only assume that this spells disaster to my personal movement of shedding light on the Voyager Satellite hoax. Oh yeah... this is bad. This is very, very bad.

I would like to congratulate Phil, but I am concerned for the future of human gullibility. I mean, people need to believe in crazy shit so people like me can snicker and chortle.

I need to chortle.

Anyway, since I can't congratulate him, I suggest you all head over to Phil's place to send him your warmest regards (or icy cold acrimony).

For what it's worth, I like Phil. He's a good egghead, and he easily tops the list of people I'd most love to see absolutely hammered (Nathan Fillion, John Scalzi and This Chick are also on that very long list). But, those are just my daydreams, and I clutch them close to my chest until the revolution comes and I am in a position to force them to do my meager bidding.

Carry on citizens!
-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 8/04/2008 02:11:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment