Friday, August 15, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's Friday.

Boo?
Happy Friday, everyone!

I wish I could hang around and talk and whatnots, but I've got a bit of a family emergency going on, so I'll be in and out all day.

Anyway, I wanted to post a picture and let you know that things are going to be a little flaky (or flakier) around here for a day or two. Of course, today's picture is pretty much how I look when I answer the door to the gentle rapping of the wild-eyed religious folks who drop in to discuss my so-called salvation (it still ticks me off that they won't show up in winter to use their Jesus Power̢㢠to shovel two or three feet of snow off my walk. Noooo... They wait for the nice, pleasant, sunny days when I'm outside eating baby kittens and working on my tan on the front porch to harass me about my afterlife).

So, I find the lighting helps.

Unfortunately, lighting like this makes my ears look pointy. But, you know, the Mephistopheles goatee and the Dr. McGillicuddy's bar-rag/t-shirt really do work for me. It's just too bad you can't see my fuzzy bunny slippers.

Well, I've got to scoot. I hope you all have a wicked, wild Friday, and if I don't see you this weekend, have a good one of those as well.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 8/15/2008 09:55:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. I hope your family emergency isn't too bad a one, and gets taken care of soon!

    Dan, you made my day with this entry. The picture made me go "whoa!" and then laugh, then your entry made me laugh even harder. "Eating baby kittens...." HA!

    Whatever else is going on, I hope it brings you a little joy today knowing that you made someone smile with your warped sense of humor. I like warped. Warped is good.

    All my best,
    Beth
    http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, save us a kitten.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the statements regarding the evangelicals arriving at the door.  We (I am the other half of Beth at Nutwood Junction :o), live in the country, but sitll have had that happen to use once (in the summer of course <LOL>
    http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Sh*T! I'm not coming to WI anytime soon! HA! You freaked me out! The poor trick or treaters when they get to your house! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine what you wear to ward off vac salesmen!  HaHa.

    Char

    ReplyDelete